Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting ESPN US on Xbox Live

Options
  • 09-01-2012 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anyways way to do this lads?

Was trying to do it by making a US account for XBL but that was the one app it wouldn't let me download. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Other than creating a us account? Not really sure it'd let you seeing that you're on an Irish IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

It would probably let you download the app with a fake US account, but not use it, like the 5 On Demand player.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Yeah it will be geo-fenced. you would be able to download it but itll give you an error message when you try and use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Do you know anyone who has sky, and espn as part of their subs? If you do (and ask them nicely) you can use their details to set up the sky player on your xbox and it will be free of charge ( As long as you have a gold subscription)

Edit: Apologies just re-read you are looking for espn us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 laoisfella

GAAman wrote: »
    Do you know anyone who has sky, and espn as part of their subs? If you do (and ask them nicely) you can use their details to set up the sky player on your xbox and it will be free of charge ( As long as you have a gold subscription)

Edit: Apologies just re-read you are looking for espn us

I have upc her Da has sky so what details do i need from him to get sky player on my xbox. all Im looking for is the sports channels to be honest. Got netflicks for €7 a month on the xbox so now i can get rid of the movie channels but dropping 1 saves only €10 a month dropping 2 is €40 i think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'm using an Irish Sky sub on an Irish Live account with gold on a UK IP with no problems. Just wish I could get any other content. Cannot get UK stuff due to having an Irish Live account and cannot get Irish stuff due to being on a UK IP.

Back slightly on topic, and I'm sure there is ESPN on the Sky player, but no idea which version I get. All sorts of channels I've no idea about.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ne

Not only is this geo locked but you also need to be a subscriber to a broadband provider listed by espn. I set up a us vpn, shared the connection from that pc with my xbox and bingo got into the app.

Dissapointing thing though is you can't look at any of the vids or live streams, back catalogue of content because ya need to be a subscriber to one of the listed providers. If you can manage to get a us college(.edu)/army vpn ip your sorted though but i reckon its impossible. I searched a fair bit and tried a few different vpn providers but none were any use.

Another failed exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

laoisfella wrote: »
    I have upc her Da has sky so what details do i need from him to get sky player on my xbox. all Im looking for is the sports channels to be honest. Got netflicks for €7 a month on the xbox so now i can get rid of the movie channels but dropping 1 saves only €10 a month dropping 2 is €40 i think.

I will pm you so as not to drag this thread off topic :)
    robinph wrote: »

Back slightly on topic, and I'm sure there is ESPN on the Sky player, but no idea which version I get. All sorts of channels I've no idea about.

Yeah that is what I was saying, but the espn on sky player is not the same as espn US ( I assume, I don't have the channel on my subs list so cannot confirm)

Advertisement