Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macrete ???

Options
  • 09-01-2012 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi

I am looking for an economical way to make my garden as maintenance free as possible but I also want it to look good, I have heard about Macrete, just wondering if anyone has experience good or bad with it, on average how much does it cost? would it work out cheaper to use paving slabs and try to do it ourselves?

I was thinking of doing paving or macreting the garden, to create a terrace type effect, and just pot plants rather than bedding, Im not a very experienced gardener, although I built decking with my husband, it lasted us 3 years, but it was very basic and starting to look worse for wear,

really interested to hear from anyone who has used Macrete, or anyone who wants to share other ideas with me,
    Thank you!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bartlguy

Have never used macrete but will get back to you on it. what size etc is the garden? do you have pets? is the area used alot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Be aware that potted plants will require maintenance too, particularly watering. In fact during summer potted plants will require more work through regular watering than those in the ground. Consider leaving some border areas uncovered or even a few planting pockets in the hardscape can look good.

Advertisement