Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

agricultural jobs

Options
  • 09-01-2012 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

hello I am considering moving to both New zealand and Australia to do agricultural work with both livestock and agricultural machinery having experience in both of these, has any one in this forum done any work like that in these 2 countries?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭greenprincess

I have in Australia. There is a huge argi sector over there, and if you have experience you'll be snapped up. I found the QLD, NSW, and SA have the most work year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭trixi2011

I have worked in both. Just after finnishing harvest in wa, seems to be plenty of work for experienced drivers. I went through a company called my agcareer, who were very helpfull and landed me a pretty decent job. Working on farms in New zealand can be pretty good too but the money isnt best. I only worked on dairy farms in NZ tho money might be better driving machines

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭EastTyrone

thanks guys, I hear for alot of jobs your digs and food is paid for u however you never get a break until the rain starts as no work can be done? Would there be any chance u could be put on machines that you would never would have drove before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭trixi2011

The farm i worked for in aus the digs were free but everyone had to pay 15 bucks a day for food, dont think this is the norm tho . When working in nz house was free had to look after our own food but all the meat and milk you could eat was free. As for being put on machinery you never worked on before i would think theres a good posibility, i was on a combine within the first week of harvest and had never driven anything near as big at home. Harvest is mostly over in most parts of aus but would only be starting in NZ at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

EastTyrone wrote: »
    hello I am considering moving to both New zealand and Australia to do agricultural work with both livestock and agricultural machinery having experience in both of these, has any one in this forum done any work like that in these 2 countries?

Can you be a hermit?. Could you live for a few weeks without social contact?.

• Advertisement
Advertisement