Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hewers in nightclubs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Dublin is the only place I have ever heard it. Shiftin or tackling anywhere I have been!

Isn't tackling a fishing term? ( or in sport a challenge, which I guess would make some sense albeit a very strange one.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Was meetin this one the other night(average at best) but anyway meetin her go over to the couch and she goes and starts unbuckling my belt....hate that stuff, no place for it in a nightclub you idiot! What a sad exuse for a girl. More self respect needed.

Am I wrong?

far as i can see she'd a lucky escape!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Captain McDuck

If you were a real man you would have got your cock out and jizzed on her face in the middle of the dance floor while fist pumping your other hand in the air and shouting at the top of your voice... " I'm number ONE, I'm number ONE!!!".....

Loser.

Haha ye a meet is just a meet tho, Its not like im goin around givin lick outs(yuk)

ladies please form an orderly queue!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

stacexD wrote: »
    Dublin is the only place I have ever heard it. Shiftin or tackling anywhere I have been!
    I'm from cork!
    Even the teachers used to know what it meant in school a few years ago
    :D
    I'm old enough to be a teacher for at least 10 years now, and yes, teachers know slang and about getting intimate with the opposite sex. :eek:

"Shifting" was being used in 1992.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Men, never happy :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Was meetin this one the other night(average at best) but anyway meetin her go over to the couch and she goes and starts unbuckling my belt....hate that stuff, no place for it in a nightclub you idiot! What a sad exuse for a girl. More self respect needed.

Am I wrong?

Did you go home after and wash yourself in holy water?
    Did you got to mass on Sunday and pray for forgiveness?
    You go to a night club, get drunk, then pull a girl. She offers you a ****, and then you call her a whore.
    You need to think about who has the problem here, you or her?
    Its a mute point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Am I wrong?

Sit down my son and let me explain through my own life experiences. Something similar happened to me in a club in Galway and I ended up stopping her and leaving things at that. It's all about what you think is appropriate yourself any way but now 4 years later I wish I'd just let her off, you see my opinion was based on how my mother educated me on how to treat women.

Treat them well, respect them, don't take advantage etc. I thought when a girl had been drinking and went to do things like that it was wrong for me to allow it as even with drink take myself, I knew it was inappropriate and assuming being a lady it was something she was doing because of drink and would regret it as women are higher beings and would never knowingly do something so disgusting.

What I have learned through time though is girls want to do those things for the most part and drink is an excuse, if they have drink before doing those things they can tell friends oh I was drunk rather than I was really randy and wanted to tug him in the nightclub. If you find it disgusting I'd still let it happen, spunk all over her, don't give her your number and maybe don't date this wan! No need to thank me kid, just pay it forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

She was wrecked I'm not bragging. When am very locked I just go for anyone, pullin mingers left right and centre.

Seems to me like you need more self respect OP.
    Dudess wrote: »
    I'm old enough to be a teacher for at least 10 years now, and yes, teachers know slang and about getting intimate with the opposite sex.

"Shifting" was being used in 1992.

"Shifting" was being used back in John Millington Synge's day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Even the teachers used to know what it meant in school a few years ago

Jaysus no way!!! That's mad, teachers knowing about sex-related stuff... you know they don't even have belly buttons, freaks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Hewer?

Safe for work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

hew (hyoomacr.gif)v. hewed, hewn (hyoomacr.gifn) or hewed, hew·ing, hews
    v.tr.1. To make or shape with or as if with an ax: hew a path through the underbrush.
    2. To cut down with an ax; fell: hew an oak.
    3. To strike or cut; cleave.

v.intr.1. To cut something by repeated blows, as of an ax.
    2. To adhere or conform strictly; hold: hew to the line.

She is a chopper of wood, just as well she didn't get your trousers open:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Here will you tackle my friend over there, she really likes you?

Me: If she really likes me why dose she want a fight?

Never heard the phrase to tackle someone when wanting a french style kiss. I used to say 'meet'. Now, you are 'smooching' a person these days, in fact it's pretty straight to the point around here. 'You, me upstairs' and then it's riding all night like a horse into town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Feeona wrote: »
    I don't know, I think the most shocking aspect of this is that the OP managed to get a belt on without opposable thumbs.
    Well now, thats not very nice! Why would you personally insult the OP, it's not like he insulted you.

...unless you are the lady from the niteclub I suppose. Are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

chances was the "hewer" OP was with on the couch has a cock :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

What was the name of the nightclub?

Zulu wrote: »
    I don't know, I think the most shocking aspect of this is that the OP managed to get a belt on without opposable thumbs.
    Well now, thats not very nice! Why would you personally insult the OP, it's not like he insulted you.

...unless you are the lady from the niteclub I suppose. Are you?
    It was based on the rubbish the OP wrote - the general consensus here being: it was idiotic. What do you think of it yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I doubt she was hot or the thread would be entitled. Hot bird **** in club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

It was based on the rubbish the OP wrote - the general consensus here being: it was idiotic. What do you think of it yourself?

I've seen worse in TLL.

Meetin' was the term before shiftin' took over

Shifting has been around a lot longer than "meeting". And for those saying only culchies say "meeting", I'm a culchie and have never said meeting. I've heard it alright but no one I know uses it.

I've actually seen some horribly inappropriate behaviour in nightclubs akin to what the OP was talking about, some people are more animal than human with drink in them. Bleugh.

• Advertisement

Caraville wrote: »
    I've actually seen some horribly inappropriate behaviour in nightclubs akin to what the OP was talking about, some people are more animal than human with drink in them. Bleugh.

Absolutely agree. It's due to people like the OP that there are ugly women, if blokes like him stopped getting drunk and letting their standards evaporate then these chicks would have to shape up and get better looking to get some attention.

Shame on the OP tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Shifting has been around a lot longer than "meeting". And for those saying only culchies say "meeting", I'm a culchie and have never said meeting.
    It's the opposite, culchies say shifting. They have for years. "meeting" was a term thrown around in Dublin when I was 14.
    Been there done that, then again most people have.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭veloc123

Am I wrong?

Is she trying to star in the new RTE Documentary "Kneeling in the Years" about Irish blowjobs in the 70's perhaps..?

Fear Uladh wrote: »

I've seen worse in TLL.
    Nope, you haven't. It may be in your angry head that men are attacked in there, but they're not.

Absolutely agree. It's due to people like the OP that there are ugly women, if blokes like him stopped getting drunk and letting their standards evaporate then these chicks would have to shape up and get better looking to get some attention.

Shame on the OP tbh.

Doesn't matter what these people look like, anyone who gets up to that kind of behaviour in public (and I'm not talking about sneaking into the toilets or a dark corner, I'm talking middle of the dancefloor, near the bar etc.) is manky.

[QUOTE=smash;76407980
    Been there done that, then again most people have.[/QUOTE]

As in you've seen it or you've done it?! I certainly haven't, and neither have any of my friends as far as I know- I'm talking about full on jiggy-jiggy and hands going places they shouldn't be... get a room!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Am I wrong?

No you're absolutely right!
    I can't believe behaviour like that still goes on in this day and age.
    There's too many young people like that nowadays who don't care about the consequences of their actions, and have no respect for themselves or others.

I think that as a nation, we need to take a look at ourselves and our passive attitude towards such behaviour.
    And it goes without saying that I think the police need to get tougher on cases like this and people need to make sure that if this happens to them that they report the incident and follow through by pressing charges.

I still can't believe that she tried to steal your belt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

To be honest OP, I find your calling the lady a 'hewer' objectionable. It's a really disgusting word with which to describe any woman. I'm sure if you had of tried a little harder you could have been more articulate and then perhaps I might have cared what you had said.

Nope, you haven't.

Yes I have. Attacking posters with differing opinions is your specialty.

Doesn't matter what these people look like, anyone who gets up to that kind of behaviour in public (and I'm not talking about sneaking into the toilets or a dark corner, I'm talking middle of the dancefloor, near the bar etc.) is manky.

Spoken like a true ugly person.

When you are super good looking (like me) you understand the world is a very different place for the bold and the beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

What do you think of it yourself?
    Do you care, really?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Bring back the Catholic church, each night club should be manned by a priest to stop this errant and this decadent behaviour. Its evidence that Satan is amongst us and liberalism is failing.

Phew~~ I enjoyed that, I feel nice and republican.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

I see some other knuckle draggers have joined the fray. Fair play to them for being able to type out a message with their knuckles :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

When you are super good looking (like me) you understand the world is a very different place for the bold and the beautiful.

I feel your pain :(

:pac:

I see some other knuckle draggers have joined the fray. Fair play to them for being able to type out a message with their knuckles :)

Didn't you say you were off for some Hungarian sausage the other day? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

What's wrong? did she tell you her going rates as she reach for your zip?
    Cos that would be the only reason to call her a whore.

Nope, you haven't.

You haven't seen any threads in the Ladies' Lounge with worse stuff said about men - because such threads are not allowed in there. Jeez, I know there's a coterie of guys who hate that the LL exists and that it's not a place for venting against women, but no need to make up lies about it.
    I don't attack people for disagreeing with me, no - it would have to be a fair bit more than them merely disagreeing with me. Another lie - I should be used to them from all three of your accounts at this stage. ;)

I've seen worse in TLL.
    Nope, you haven't. It may be in your angry head that men are attacked in there, but they're not.
    You haven't seen any threads in the Ladies' Lounge with worse stuff said about men - because such threads are not allowed in there. Jeez, I know there's a coterie of guys who hate that the LL exists and that it's not a place for venting against women, but no need to make up lies about it.
    I don't attack people for disagreeing with me, no - it would have to be a fair bit more than them merely disagreeing with me. Another lie - I should be used to them from all three of your accounts at this stage. ;)

AH doesn't care.

Have this conversation in TLL or in feedback or by PM.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I got an extra large keyboard for my outsize knuckles too..:)

I should be used to them from all three of your accounts at this stage. ;)

Well you see, having 30,000 odd posts by your name makes you all the better doesn't it? ;)

• Advertisement

Well you see, having 30,000 odd posts by your name makes you all the better doesn't it? ;)

Banned

Keep petty squabbles out of AH or be removed from AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Gosh jeeze she wasn't going to run off with your belt no worse, you got out of there quick smart, how embarrassing OP I say she's just a bit of an exhibitionist, she shouldn't of went near your belt AT ALL!!!

I know some people find it a turn on the whole S&M thing, bit of an aul whip with the belt screaming whos yor mammy whos yor mammy yeah but not in the middle of a nightclub I totally get what you're saying she should of waited until you two went home.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Handy11

I wouldn't ride her if she had pedals.

.....sorry - just wanted to write that and this thread looked a likely spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

What ever happened to the boys and girls lining up on opposite sides of the floor? Shocking behaviour, Pompeii it is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Well, first of all, are you sure "she" was in fact female?

The_Thing wrote: »
    Well, first of all, are you sure "she" was in fact female?

Flip her over, problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

A girl I shared a house with went off with a Scottish bloke in a kilt one night. She came back home later on WEARING the kilt. The oul slapper

Ally Dick wrote: »
    A girl I shared a house with went off with a Scottish bloke in a kilt one night. She came back home later on WEARING the kilt. The oul slapper

Probably looked better on her I'd say.

Awh you've brought up bad memories though, first flat in Dublin I say to my Dad come round of a cuppa he says oh isn't this a nice place... Why are there boxers.. there...?

Yes then suddenly its was Colm Meaney and Sharron from The Snapper sitting round the table with a cuppa.. awkwardly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

She was wrecked I'm not bragging. When am very locked I just go for anyone, pullin mingers left right and centre.
    Culchie? Im from south dublin, its what everyone says here, since i was like 11

Which one in Tallafornia are you then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Your sig says it all really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭alphanine

Am I wrong?

Ride the head off her

• Advertisement
Advertisement