Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Student in Galway [found]

Options
  • 09-01-2012 4:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

I hope this is the appropriate forum, could mods please move to the right place if it's wrong? thank you. I don't know Tony personally but one of my friends does and I'm posting this for her.

A 1st year computer and engineering student originally from Charleville has gone missing in Galway. He was last seen in Club K.
    Attached image is a picture of him.
    Here's the original post from his girlfriend
    "Tony Crowley has gone missing I know its short notice and a lot to ask
    but can anyone that's available please help us look for him. He went missing in the early hours of this morning in Galway. A search commences at 8 o'clock tomorrow morning from the Garda station in Oranmore Co. Galway."
    If you have any information please contact Oranmore Garda station @ 091 388030. There's a mobile number as well, can mods let me know if I can post it? thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

Hi Sera,

Is this the same person that is reported missing on the river corrib thread here?

Sad News, and unfortunately very common in this city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If you report your own post you'll probably get a mod/cmod to look at it quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Hi Sera,

Is this the same person that is reproted missing on the river corrib thread her?

Hey factual lies, thanks for posting and for your concern, have you a link you can send me? I'm not sure at all, what I've posted is all I know
    If you report your own post you'll probably get a mod/cmod to look at it quicker.
    thank you Leeroy, wouldn't have thought of that

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

you can leave your link here Sera (Im sure of this). Links like these should be left everywhere to help in any way that they can.

here is the river corrib thread i was talking about

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056508055

here is the river corrib thread i was talking about
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056508055
    thanks very much for the link, if I hear anything myself I'll put it up here

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Hi Sera,

Is this the same person that is reported missing on the river corrib thread here?

Far too often unfortunately, but probably a bit soon to go jumping to conclusions and linking the two incidents here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Hi Sera,

Very unfortunate and sad news indeed, however saying this type of awful event is very common in this City is a bit sensationalist to say the least.

Hopefully this young fella is found, my thoughts are with his friends and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭MBateson

I was involved in a search recently.

The key thing to do we found is to get access to CCTV from local business so you know what direction he was last seen heading, especially from Club K. The Garda don't necessarily have the manpower to do this.

All the businesses in our situation were extremely helpful especially when it's a family member asking. Most will have the cameras running at night.

Make sure you check that the times on the cameras are correct. In some places we checked they were a day out or sometimes just an hour if they didn't adjust for daylight savings time etc. This could throw out your timeline.

Best wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No numbers thanks. Anyone with info contact Garda. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MrDetective

Hey Sara,

Can you tell us where the original post was from? Is there anything else you can tell us about Tony?

• Advertisement

Can you tell us where the original post was from? Is there anything else you can tell us about Tony?
    I'm not sure who posted it first.
    One my friends (knows him personally, I'm posting for her) copy and pasted it from somewhere and another girl who shared (her sister is friends with Tony) and she shared it from a girl in a Galway on Facebook.
    It was posted on the UL forum as well on boards as well.
    I'm afraid that's all I know, I'm sorry

Trace Missing Persons Ireland have this on their Facebook page posted by Tour Ireland Ibiza Spain
    408115_157198377722098_100002958103810_224044_304082050_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Did they find this young man or is the search ongoing?

Birroc wrote: »
    Did they find this young man or is the search ongoing?
    The search is still on going afaik. My friend was saying they were organizing a bus from Cork up to help look

just wanted to bump this, the search is still on in Galway and to remind anyone if they having any information no matter how small to report to Oranmore Garda Station.

A concerned friend of Tony has put up this status on Facebook
    If anyone is able to help in the search for Tony Crowley could you please be at Oranmore Garda station Co.Galway for 12:30 am.
    All help and support would be very much appreciated.

Sera wrote: »
    A concerned friend of Tony has put up this status on Facebook
    If anyone is able to help in the search for Tony Crowley could you please be at Oranmore Garda station Co.Galway for 12:30 am.
    All help and support would be very much appreciated.
    From the same person 3 hours ago
    If anyone is taking part in the search for Tony Crowley could you please at the Garda station in Oranmore Co.Galway for 9:30am.
    Please show your support and do all you can to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Sera wrote: »
    From the same person 3 hours ago
    If anyone is taking part in the search for Tony Crowley could you please at the Garda station in Oranmore Co.Galway for 9:30am.
    Please show your support and do all you can to help.

Thanks for the info Sera and keep it coming. I helped the search last weekend but I imagine the numbers were down midweek and the low tides were often in the dark. I reckon he will be found in the next couple of days hopefully.

Birroc wrote: »
    Thanks for the info Sera and keep it coming. I helped the search last weekend
    Thanks so much for participating in the search, it's great to hear it.
    There are a few people are going up from Cork again I think to help out, if I hear any more I'll post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭suzie987

Any news on this missing person?

suzie987 wrote: »
    Any news on this missing person?
    just saw another Facebook status
    The search for Tony Crowley continues tommorrow at Oranmore Garda station Co.Galway at 12.
    Please show your support if you can it would be much appreciated.
    Help bring Tony home.

That's all I know unfortunately, if I hear anything else I'll post it on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Very sad.

R.I.P.

This update was on the The Boyne Fishermen’s Rescue and Recovery Service facebook page. It's awful but there's some kinda closure for the family, thanks for everyone who was involved in the search or even shared pictures on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As you said, at least the family can now get some closure.
    Thoughts with family and friends. RIP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement