Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM Succes = Non event

Options
  • 09-01-2012 6:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Im an FM fanatic

loved it since the 90s

one thing i hate about it is after a long season, you finally win a cup (or even 3) and its just a congrats message in the inbox and a date addition to the history page

why cant the developers add in something more exciting? even a generic video of a parade or a medal giving ceremony

just something, ANYTHING, other than the damp squid it currently has

rant over

anyone feel the same?

any suggestions on how to develop it?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Fanfare videos you just get sick of after the second time. You should just be grateful to be winning and not stuck in mediocrity like me :pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

They should add in the option to go on an open top bus parade or go out and celebrate etc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Im an FM fanatic

loved it since the 90s

one thing i hate about it is after a long season, you finally win a cup (or even 3) and its just a congrats message in the inbox and a date addition to the history page

why cant the developers add in something more exciting? even a generic video of a parade or a medal giving ceremony

just something, ANYTHING, other than the damp squid it currently has

rant over

anyone feel the same?

any suggestions on how to develop it?

For me it's the achievement of winning itself, especially with a team that wouldn't be expected to win. Anything after that is just a bonus.

Having said that, haven't won a thing in years in FM. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Win a trophy?

Load up youtube

and rock to this!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Not sure about a victory video, but the achievements area needs to be improved! Not sure how, but a proper roll of honour showing a 'Virtual Trophy Cabinet' might be a good addition!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

option for celebrations? not bad!

how bout refusing to have an open top bus for the FA and League cup wins due to not winning the league.........viewing the season as a failure! would be good

or refusing to accept your winners medal 'a la' mourinho!?

i think theres alot of scope for improvment in this area, it hsnt been touched in years and its my major problem with the game

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Fanfare videos you just get sick of after the second time. You should just be grateful to be winning and not stuck in mediocrity like me :pac:

You must be a serious glutton for punishment :pac:

I don't know about non event. There's something special about taking a team that you've molded in your own way to the top.

Scouting the world for days for that next wonder kid, to watch him turn into a world class player who brings you glory... Fanfare videos are one thing, but seeing your addiction/hard work finally pay off is all the 'glory' I need.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I got the new stadium named after me, was a proud moment for me and my family.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Success defined in FM:
    1. Getting to top of the hall of fame.
    2. Getting your name onto the Club Icon/Legends section.
    3. Having a stadium named after you.
    4. Having players list you as favoured personnel (relatively easy to achieve)

Any others?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

There won't be any trophies for me for awhile I'd say. Trying to keep me team together and not lose them to the first team is a high priority!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

focus_mad wrote: »
    There won't be any trophies for me for awhile I'd say. Trying to keep me team together and not lose them to the first team is a high priority!!

Hahahaha... told you its tough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

I would like a chat with the chairman after a trophy win. Maybe once you have been successful for a long period of time you could make a 2/3 year plan, if you're team is ageing badly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

UCD AFC wrote: »
    I would like a chat with the chairman after a trophy win. Maybe once you have been successful for a long period of time you could make a 2/3 year plan, if you're team is ageing badly

Not what you are talking about, but I asked for a feeder club recently and they told me since I had been doing such a good job at the club, they would allow me to pick the candidates. I didn't take the option and just let the board pick as it would have been a crap team anyway since I'm limited to just Ireland.

Success does get you somewhere, hopefully that isn't the end of it though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

after you win a cup, all you get is a page of text saying congrats

its such an anti climax!

i think that interaction with the board regarding the setting up of a 2/3yr plan is an excellent idea

Advertisement