Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nominations for Deputy Commander and Company Commander

Options
  • 09-01-2012 8:22am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭

As discussed in the other thread lets get the ball rolling.

Rules:
    • You can only nominate yourself OR someone you've spoken to personally who've accepted the nomination. If you nominate someone else they need to post on this thread confirming their nomination or be disqualified
    • You are not allowed to bribe, threaten, plead or take other action against other B-IE members to get their vote
    • You may post a short summary of why you should be elected; this has to be about you (i.e. I should be elected because I'm a RL salesperson is ok, to post I should be elected because I'm better then X or I'm not going to **** things up as Z is not)
    • All nominations needs to be done by Wednesday midnight or until when I post the poll (I'll post the poll on Thursday morning)
    • Keep in mind the roles, and requirements, of the role if you nominate yourself, this is a commitment to the clan you're doing
    • On Thursday I'll post a survey for people to vote been the candidates
    • Make sure you list which role(s) you're nominating yourself for (i.e. I'm in for Deputy Commander, Company Commander or both)
    • Ad hoc clause about anything I missed/did not mention; if this was a general election and you'd not want it printed in the papers then don't do it here either (i.e. I right the right to nuke someone for something I did not expect that is not in the spirit of the rules :pac: ).

Roles
    Deputy Commanders
    • Responsible to act as a role model of B-IE esp. outwards vs. other clans (i.e. no taunting, cursing, threatening etc.). Failure to do this would indicate a failure to perform duty and risk them being removed from their position
    • Place chips on map according to agreed schedule of maps
    • Run the day to day activities in the clan
    • Take day to day and strategic decision on longer term goals
    • Most decisions, esp. all longer term impact decisions, done by vote on TS
    • Meet on at least weekly basis on TS to discuss outstanding points
    • Maintain a list of points to discuss and the outcome of said points
    • All important decisions are taken by vote; at least 75% (i.e. 3 or 5 out of 4/6) majority required for decisions to hold
    • If a decision does not reach the required votes the company commander has the final vote no matter how it ends up (i.e. if is 4 for suggestion A, 2 for suggestion B and the company commander says B then B it is even if the actual vote is 4 / 3).
    • Appoint the FC for a given map or failing that have to lead the map themselves
    • Can remove any person from any given position with a full vote (i.e. 4/4 or 6/6); for removal of DC replace the DC with the company commander instead

Company Commander
    • Responsible to act as a role model of B-IE esp. outwards vs. other clans (i.e. no taunting, cursing, threatening etc.). Failure to do this would indicate a failure to perform duty and risk them being removed from their position
    • Act as administrator of the clan
    • Work on policy documents (such as this one) to be discussed and voted by the DC
    • Act as the final vote in case of a DC tie in votes
    • Work on resolving issues in the clan that may arise
    • Attend the DC meetings that occur
    • Act as a go to person as back up for the Negotiator
    • Work behind the curtains to pour oil on the waves and ensure things run smoothly
    • Be the face outwards of B-IE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I suppose I'll get the ball rolling.

My nominations are as follows:

Commmander: Dangrim, *Dublin_Gunner

Dep/ Cmmdr: *Dublin_Gunner, Paddygolightly, Fionn_MC_Coule, Bruffio, Destroyedinseconds, Rogue_DotC

As can be seen, I have nominated myself for either of the positions.

I believe I am ready to re-take the role of Commander. I have plenty of experience in the position, taking B-IE from a fledgling clan to a clan capable of taking and owning land. I also believe I have attained a great understanding of the game, both from a tactical, and also a practical standpoint.
    I believe I still have a lot to offer in this role. Understandably, I may have burned some bridges with the bad feeling that were around when I left a few months ago. Thankfully, I can guarantee that any issues I may have had (mostly with myself I might add) are rectified, and I would be ready and willing to assume the role once more, and bring this clan (and our new training clan(s)) back up to the level where we all know we can compete at. If anything, I believe if elected, I would return to the role stronger, wiser, and far more sensible than before, as the break I took helped me to see things a lot more clearly.

Saying that, I have also nominated Dangrim to the position of Commander. Dangrim is a guy who has always given 100% to the organisation of this clan, and has always had the clans interest at heart. Sure, I might not have agreed with him on a lot of things (lol) but no-one can deny since I left him take over the reigns that he's done a sterling job.

I really have nothing else to say about Dan's nomination, as there is no need to say anymore.

And on that note, this being the reason I have also nominated myself to the Deputy Commander role. For all of the reasons I outlined above, I believe I can still help any new Commander to reach those goals, and as such, would be proud to be Dangrim's deputy if that is the role I get elected for (if any of course).

On the other nominations, I do not believe I have to expand on the reasons why I picked that great bunch of guys for the role of Dep. Commander.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

Short and sweet for me,

Deputy Commander = Fionn Mc Coule

Why ? because ive held that position for a very long time and it was me that got our fantastic merge started. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Nominations:

Commander: Paddy,Dangrim,Dublin

DCmdr : Fionn,Bruffio,Dublin,KAC,DaveLister,Dotc,Dangrim any 4 of

Reasons as follows :

I believe this position is mainly a figurehead within the clan , day to day involvement would be at a minimum , it is about looking after the peoples interest & what benefits the clan the most.
    Decisions are the main role of the job, not always nice ones , I think i can look after the best interest of the individual & the whole as I do have a fair bit of RL experience in this .
    Its important to be impartial , not back down from conflict where needed & generally help encourage the core team of DC & FC who are the guys that make the real effort in the clan , I did this at the time of the merge & hope its been proved right
    Fun - its important to keep the fun aspect of the community alive as the intense nature of constant CW battles can grate on people , you all know I like a laugh & long term i think we need to organise clan meets ,internal competitions etc .

Either way i will work under any crew as u all decent lads , but i will step down from DC role as i think its important for others to get the chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dave_lister

Nominations:

Commander: Paddy,Rogue,Dublin

DCmdr : Fionn,Bruffio,Dublin,KAC,DaveLister,Dotc,Dangrim,Paddy any 4 of

Reasons as follows :

As before I can only see an overview of the last 3 weeks or so. There are other names that might be more deserving, but I only know that from reputation not first hand contact.

I nominated myself for DCmdr as I have had some experience in planning, decisions and strategic goals from running alliances etc in other games. I play at least 4 times a week and for the most part am on ts to listen to the ramblings of crazy people. I fairly level headed in most situations.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I've thought long and hard about this but I've decided I'm not going to go for the Company Commander position now that we got multiple excellent candidates instead.

I'll still throw my chip in for the deputy commander position though.

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    I've thought long and hard about this but I've decided I'm not going to go for the Company Commander position now that we got multiple excellent candidates instead.

Why? You are also an excellent candidate!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

I think that is a pity, your work as commander to date was excellent and im sure people who would have voted for you will be disappointed. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Why? You are also an excellent candidate!
    Because I'm an attention whore? Oops, did I write that out loud?! No, seriously though it's a question of sanity. I've had problem motivating myself to log on and play / do what I felt I should do in WoT during the last month(s) and I'm afraid another 6 months in the role would burn me out completly on the game.

Fionn, I can understand if people would be/are disapointed and it was not a decision that came lightly to me but in the end I'm going to have to be egoistic and think of my enjoyment and time spend first. I'm not sure I could do 6 months, and if I did what state I'd be in. I got some RL challenges I need to complete over the next 6 months and I don't like doing things unless I can do them properly. Only reason I still go for DC is 'cause I'm far from done with B-IE but I think the workload (due to number of DCs) will be less and more spread out and hence more doable :)

Because I'm an attention whore? Oops, did I write that out loud?! No, seriously though it's a question of sanity. I've had problem motivating myself to log on and play / do what I felt I should do in WoT during the last month(s) and I'm afraid another 6 months in the role would burn me out completly on the game.

Fionn, I can understand if people would be/are disapointed and it was not a decision that came lightly to me but in the end I'm going to have to be egoistic and think of my enjoyment and time spend first. I'm not sure I could do 6 months, and if I did what state I'd be in. I got some RL challenges I need to complete over the next 6 months and I don't like doing things unless I can do them properly. Only reason I still go for DC is 'cause I'm far from done with B-IE but I think the workload (due to number of DCs) will be less and more spread out and hence more doable :)

Well they're fair enough reasons. I have to say, the break I took did me the world of good. I suppose, regardless of the position, once B-IE still retains members of your caliber, we'll do ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Lads this is not a general chat thread. :)
    couldn't resist

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement