Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruiter, Treasurer, Diplomat and Field Commander Nominations

Options
  • 09-01-2012 8:25am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭

As discussed in the other thread lets get the ball rolling.

Rules:
    • You can only nominate yourself OR someone you've spoken to personally who've accepted the nomination. If you nominate someone else they need to post on this thread confirming their nomination or be disqualified
    • You are not allowed to bribe, threaten, plead or take other action against other B-IE members to get their vote
    • You may post a short summary of why you should be elected; this has to be about you (i.e. I should be elected because I'm a RL salesperson is ok, to post I should be elected because I'm better then X or I'm not going to **** things up as Z is not)
    • All nominations needs to be done by Sunday
    • Keep in mind the roles, and requirements, of the role if you nominate yourself, this is a commitment to the clan you're doing
    • Ad hoc clause about anything I missed/did not mention; if this was a general election and you'd not want it printed in the papers then don't do it here either (i.e. I right the right to nuke someone for something I did not expect that is not in the spirit of the rules :pac: ).
    • These roles are NOT up for general vote; the deputy commanders will discuss, and agree, between themselves who should get the roles among the nominations in this thread
    • Make sure you list which role(s) you're nominating yourself for (i.e. I'm in for Treasury and Diplomat or all of the above)

Recruiter
    • Responsible to act as a role model of B-IE esp. outwards vs. other clans (i.e. no taunting, cursing, threatening etc.). Failure to do this would indicate a failure to perform duty and risk them being removed from their position
    • Responsible to review, discuss with, and accept new recruits to the clan
    • Ensure the recruit is a good fit with the clan
    • Ensure that recruits are not left hanging without a response from the clan
    • To look for potential candidates outside applicants (B-IE recruitment post, non clanned people, leads from other B-IE members)

Treasurer
    • Responsible to act as a role model of B-IE esp. outwards vs. other clans (i.e. no taunting, cursing, threatening etc.). Failure to do this would indicate a failure to perform duty and risk them being removed from their position
    • Post daily gold balance
    • Calculate expected gold per 24h cycle (to match against actual increase in vault)
    • Calculate gold allowances (based on whatever formula decided by Deputy Commanders)
    • Hand out gold allowances (at whatever interval is decided)
    • Control check the gold amount on a regular basis from older numbers to avoid someone skimming

Diplomat
    • Act as the main face outwards on forums and in game for the clan
    • Negotiate any clan to clan deals and present them to DCs for decision
    • Be the “go to” person for any other clan
    • Maintain the list of clans with hostility against us/us against them

Field Commanders
    • Lead the CW activities on the map, the battlefield commander
    • Choosing the appropriate team for the map and the strategy they wish to implement
    • Listen to the feedback on their tactic including unhelpful criticism and utilize this to improve the clan tactics
    • Post strategy summaries of central fights (land, finals) and the tactics we used, tactic enemy used and how things played out
    • Lead test battles and train the clan on execution of tactics
    • Note, this is a position that tends to lead to burn out and FCs are not part of the normal 6 month cycle. The deputy commanders can appoint new FCs as they see fit and remove FCs if they don’t remain active with the standard requirement

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

"You are not allowed to bribe, threaten, plead or take other action against other B-IE members to get their vote "

Have to say, I laughed. My vote isn't for sale but it is for rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 iiansee

My vote is absolutely on sale. For...lets say a type 59. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Treasurer = Fragit

why?.. i would like fill some role in the clan and any of the other roles dont suit me atmo. i am also online almost every day, so the daily updates shouldnt be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Aenaes wrote: »
    "You are not allowed to bribe, threaten, plead or take other action against other B-IE members to get their vote "

Have to say, I laughed. My vote isn't for sale but it is for rent.
    iiansee wrote: »
    My vote is absolutely on sale. For...lets say a type 59. :P

Lads this is not a general chat thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dave_lister

Recruiter – Phil3995 because he's done it b4 with success, Purescouse coz I think he would be up for it.

Treasurer – don't know people well enough to comment.

Diplomat - Gitfeatures because he's cool headed.

Field Commander – Kooso, Mercenaryireland or any of the others that don't get DP Com job inc me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

I put myself forward for a field commander position. I hope my previous contributions will help my case, not hinder it :P
    I would like to work on more in game tactics and feel I have something to offer. I will plan and lead battles if needed. Support where needed as well;)
    all the best
    ps its Rogue_DotC

Advertisement