Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farm Work

Options
  • 09-01-2012 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows the best way to get some farmwork like working with cattle or driving tractors going to start looking for some now for the 3 months thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Gumtree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Was looking through gumtree, Only seems to be people advertising themselfs for positions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

That's because your looking at the wrong time. Harvest is over and it's coming into Autumn which means no calving, lambing etc

Do you have any experience farming, fencing, etc?

If not, its unlikely you'll get work on an animal type farm. You'd be more of a liability than a help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Is it not the first month of Summer, Im from a farming background alright, I was thinking more along the lines of slaughter animals and the like, I know lads from home who did the farming and werent farming people at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Farmtrader

Some parts of New Zealand are very remote, so depending on what you're in to I'd be selective about where the farm is located.
    This site might suit for a job wanted ad http://www.trademe.co.nz/

• Advertisement
Advertisement