Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abu Dhabi International Triathlon 2012

Options
  • 09-01-2012 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Anybody out there doing this in March?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Nope but very jealous if you are!

Did this last year and loved every minute of it.

It's an amazing Triathlon and I'm already thinking of heading back out in 2013!

Do the swims both days beforehand if you can, if not to enjoy the Emirates Palace Beach and Pro spotting as much as practice the swim course.

As for the lap of F1 circuit....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

mrbungle wrote: »
    Anybody out there doing this in March?

Yep - down to do the Long version....

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

Hey Fazz!

I'm doing the Short course alright. Just wondering on whether to bring my wetsuit or not. I've a full sleeve suit. I saw most of the photos lads wearing speedsuits, don't think I'm bother buying 1 for the day.

Did you wear yours or go without?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

mrbungle wrote: »
    Hey Fazz!

I'm doing the Short course alright. Just wondering on whether to bring my wetsuit or not. I've a full sleeve suit. I saw most of the photos lads wearing speedsuits, don't think I'm bother buying 1 for the day.

Did you wear yours or go without?
    Thanks!

I didn't bring mine and regretted it.

Saves under a minute in T1, but lost about 2-3 mins in the water.

I swam it in around 30mins, pretty average but with a wetsuit I reckon that'd have been 28 ish.
    The water was perfect, and did provide plenty of buoyancy but for a swimmer of my ability it would have been an advantage.
    Most of the age groupers wore them, but the pros were not allowed so all wore speed suits for the extra benefit.

Defo bring it, use the 2 practice swims to compare difference it'd be interesting.
    I got lucky with getting hydration and nutrition right, in that heat I think it was key to enjoying it. I did practise biking and running at same times a few days previous to get used to the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

Fazz wrote: »
    I didn't bring mine and regretted it.

Saves under a minute in T1, but lost about 2-3 mins in the water.

I swam it in around 30mins, pretty average but with a wetsuit I reckon that'd have been 28 ish.
    The water was perfect, and did provide plenty of buoyancy but for a swimmer of my ability it would have been an advantage.
    Most of the age groupers wore them, but the pros were not allowed so all wore speed suits for the extra benefit.

Defo bring it, use the 2 practice swims to compare difference it'd be interesting.
    I got lucky with getting hydration and nutrition right, in that heat I think it was key to enjoying it. I did practise biking and running at same times a few days previous to get used to the heat.

Thanks for the advice !
    7 weeks now, can't wait !

• Advertisement
Advertisement