Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The election process and other information

Options
  • 09-01-2012 9:48am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This is only to summarize the whole process:
    • The election for Deputy Commander and Company Commander is for 6 months (i.e. next election mid summer at the latest)
    • At least one Deputy Commander in this election has to be from B-IE and one from TIICD
    • There is a total of 6 Deputy Commander positions to be voted on
    • There is 1 Company Commander position to be voted
    • The vote will be by simple majority, the top 6 people for DC and top person for CC are elected (only exception if the top 6 is from B-IE or TIICD in which case it is 5 from one clan and the first member from the second clan)
    • In case of a tie the candidates will discuss between them if they can come to an agreement on who'll take the position. If they can't come to an agreement the Company Commander (i.e. who's ever is elected) will do a random as per below on the position. If the tie is for the CC position then the current CC (or if the current CC is in the tie a DC) will use random.org to end the tie and post a screenshot of the result
    • The election poll will posted by the company commander (i.e. me) and be completly anonymous using a third party service (in this case Surveymonkey.com) to limit the possibilities of visibilty and tampering
    • Any of the elected DCs will be given access on request to the account to confirm election results
    • The DCs fill the remaining positions based on the list of nominees sticked at the top
    Any questions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Ya just one question , can we sell our votes for gifts ? :D :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ya just one question , can we sell our votes for gifts ? :D :P
    You can but who ever bought you will get the boot along with yourself if I ever find out (so make sure it is bloody expensive gifts!) ;)

Advertisement