Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling Question.. anyone know were i could get...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

No. But i cant see why you would want the. RT Large in Bluebell do a very simular range that once tiled over you cant see the bases at all. I think this would be a better effect.

If you phone them and ask the nearest agent to you then you can collect a catalogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Irishpaddy1

i'll pop over and ask them when i down that way.. i'm looking to do a wetroom but its upstairs and i dont trust the traditional method not to leak and destroy the place...

also the space for the wetroom is 1700x800

i'll pop over and ask them when i down that way.. i'm looking to do a wetroom but its upstairs and i dont trust the traditional method not to leak and destroy the place...

also the space for the wetroom is 1700x800

RT Large it is so. The kits are brilliant and upstairs is fine with them

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kierjan

We are hoping to do the same but we have concrete floors, so I suppose I have 2 questions. First would there be any issue with leaking if we have concrete floors??
    Second, when looking at those shower form trays I notice it suugests you remove floor timbers and attache directly to the joists, but obviously we can't do that so our show tray would be 22mm above the floor level. Any way to get this fluch with the floor other than rescreeding it to raise the rest of the floor?
    BTW has anybody got any actual experience of doing this as a DIY job or would you need to get a pro in?
    Thanks.

Kierjan wrote: »
    We are hoping to do the same but we have concrete floors, so I suppose I have 2 questions. First would there be any issue with leaking if we have concrete floors??
    Second, when looking at those shower form trays I notice it suugests you remove floor timbers and attache directly to the joists, but obviously we can't do that so our show tray would be 22mm above the floor level. Any way to get this fluch with the floor other than rescreeding it to raise the rest of the floor?
    BTW has anybody got any actual experience of doing this as a DIY job or would you need to get a pro in?
    Thanks.

a concrete floor is the ideal solution. You just need to tank the floor and seal the joints between the floors and walls with fibreglass and tape.

You dont need the tray in the picture. Its overkill.

• Advertisement

Can't see the thanks button, but thanks Joey. One other question, what exactly do you mean by tanking the floor.

Kierjan wrote: »
    Can't see the thanks button, but thanks Joey. One other question, what exactly do you mean by tanking the floor.

Esentially its like a paint and tape solution. There is a lot more to it but to the lay person its how it looks.

Make sure you get someone that knows how to do it. Ask them for a couple of jobs as references. If this goes wrong it can be seriously wrong.

thanks again Joey.

Advertisement