Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Broadband Megathread - post here only. Rules in Post #2

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I have my broadband with UPC and my download limit is 500gb per month. I'm thinking of getting Netflix but I'm wondering how likely is it that I'll exceed this limit? I know it all depends on how much I use it etc but what would the average usage be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Dean09 wrote: »
    I have my broadband with UPC and my download limit is 500gb per month. I'm thinking of getting Netflix but I'm wondering how likely is it that I'll exceed this limit? I know it all depends on how much I use it etc but what would the average usage be?

You can choose it yourself - I use 0.3 GB/hour on a 32" TV and it looks fine
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/companies/netflix-offering-different-stream-quality-options-for-those-with-data-caps/

• Registered Users Posts: 32 HDfan

A LIMERICK woman who unknowingly ran up a €600 bill watching movies, has warned other film fans to “read the small print”. And to add insult to injury, Karen Foley learned after incurring the huge charge that she could have had the same service for just €35.

hxxp://www.limerickpost.ie/index.php/navigation-mainmenu-30/local-news/4338-film-fans-bargain-turns-into-horror-show.html

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

HDfan wrote: »
    hxxp://www.limerickpost.ie/index.php/navigation-mainmenu-30/local-news/4338-film-fans-bargain-turns-into-horror-show.html

I don't see what the issue is here. Netflix were only charging the quoted €7, the €600 was charged by her Internet provider.

I would say that Internet Providers should be more proactive at informing people when they have gone over their download limits.

Being on UPC, one thing I'm unhappy with is that I can never find out how much of my allowance I've used. That was one of the few things I liked about Eircom.

Advertisement