Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You've been playing to much battlefield when...

Options
  • 09-01-2012 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭

You send the kids to bed by looking in the general direction of their room and mimic pressing Q.

When driving you regularly check your sat nav looking out for mines or awesome trying to C4 your car.

You phone beeps and you imediately jump out of the car thinking someone has a solfam\citv lock on you.

Any bit of glare has you diving to the ground.

You claim to be so drunk that you cannot walk and can only crawl when in actually fact you're trying not to set off any claymores.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Guilty as charged!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 5eanf

You see somebody in the window of the office across the road and instantly think to scope!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

5eanf wrote: »
    You see somebody in the window of the office across the road and instantly think to scope!

And Fire a smaw tru the window!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

You see a bright glint in the distance and instantly thing "SNIPER"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Going to work on the tube and wondering should I use RPG or m320..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 5dollakarl

When you see a helicopter hovering you think, noob, and reach for a stinger

• Registered Users Posts: 12 5eanf

You're at work reading a thread about Battlefield

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

5eanf wrote: »
    You're at work reading a thread about Battlefield

guilty.

you rack up 61 hours online in under 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    guilty.

you rack up 61 hours online in under 2 weeks.

PHEW, I dont feel as bad now. I only have 60 hours un under 2 weeks. (since 27th)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

when someone annoys you at work and you attempt to take their tags .....in real life they don't find the animation quiet so funny .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

You keep seeing those four little scope lines when walking anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

When walking down the street you randomly turn around. Just in case.

You only wear Spec Ops black.

When stopped at traffic lights you leave the car in reverse, C4 ninjas beware.

You try to SOFLAM that tailgater with your rear fog light.

You could totally bounce a frag around that corner and down those stairs.

When stuck in traffic you wonder if this counts towards your vehicle or stationary medals.

You've typed MAV into ebay.

You always leave room in your backpack for some C4 and a G18 supp.

You always take the flanking route instead of that long narrow corridor.

You've typed T-UGS into the app store.

Elevators are for n00bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

You spend your time in the market ... hiding behind crates :-)

Q...Q....Q

jyou start every sentence with j.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭i124Q

you go to bed after a 6 hour session and are watching BF3 vids in bed on you're ipod..

;)

BF3 RULES!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

i124Q wrote: »
    you go to bed after a 6 hour session and are watching BF3 vids in bed on you're ipod..

;)

BF3 RULES!

LoL you too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

....you go prone for 8 hours in bed after a session as a sniper.
    ....you suddenly think your slr lens is a stinger missle.
    ....when you throw your backpack down after a long day you say...."heres your ammo"

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Aimhere

You drop a claymore behind you as you enter a room
    You think blowing up a side of a building to get out is a good idea
    Staying next to a empty parking space hopeing a IFV will appear
    Shouting cover me as you dash across the street

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Whenever you see a tall building in the movies or in real life, you're visually scanning the smoothest side . . . So you can mav up it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

da_hambo wrote: »
    Whenever you see a tall building in the movies or in real life, you're visually scanning the smoothest side . . . So you can mav up it!

patethic. Hopefully take out of the game with the next patch, it's so stupid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

In a meeting with a potential customer and your phone rings with the BF3 ringtone and the customer nods approvingly :p

- Friend gets in the passenger seat of car , stops engine
    "Have you got Thermal vision ?"
    "...No..?!? "
    "Get out !"

- In club with Friend
    "I can't find you, where are ye ?"
    "PRESS M FOR MAP !!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

SeantheMan wrote: »
    da_hambo wrote: »

patethic. Hopefully take out of the game with the next patch, it's so stupid

whats pathetic? If you dont like them snipers, morter the sh$t out of them! I only unlocked the mav last week and I like it. I also like the easy kill when you morter those on the tall buildings.give and take my friend.

Congrats on liking the MAV, and enjoying being a sniper.
    But I'm sure that's not what it's intended for and is wholly unrealistic to float on the thing to 200ft so as to access areas that generally are unaccessible in standard play.
    To me it's glitching.
    On PC you get kicked off a lot of servers for such play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

SeantheMan wrote: »
    is wholly unrealistic

That's a stupid argument... nothing in Battlefield is completely realistic and nothing ever will be. If it was, you'd be sat on the runway for half an hour doing pre-flight checks with choppers and jets. When you reloaded, the leftover rounds from two magazines wouldn't magically combine to make one full magazine. There isn't a Sergeant roaring abuse at you because you aren't cleaning your rifle between games. :pac:

I could go on and on but the point stands that you aren't going to get much realism in gaming - that's boring. If I wanted realism, I'd be in a recruitment centre, not my living room.

It's clearly an exploit. Jets are for flying in, you can take a passenger on the back. MAVs aren't in any sense meant to be magic carpet rides to headshotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

5uspect wrote: »
    It's clearly an exploit. Jets are for flying in, you can take a passenger on the back. MAVs aren't in any sense meant to be magic carpet rides to headshotland.

I never said it wasn't an exploit. :rolleyes: I said you can't argue unrealistic when you're playing a video game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I dunno if something breaks your immersion (and something as silly as MAV riding does for me anyway) then it can make the whole thing less fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I don't really mind the whole MAV riding business as most snipers on 360 are useless plus its usually pretty easy to counter-snipe them should the need arise.
    However having a co-ordinated squad use said sniper as a spawn point can be a complete pain in the ass :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Put a soflam up there with him and the enemies vehicles are pretty much locked down. Played oman the other night with 3 soflam up on top the big building on E and we got hammered, get in a vehicle and you were javelin'd straight away.

Advertisement