Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crapple's itunes customer service

Options
  • 09-01-2012 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭

How do Apple get away with not having a phone support number for itunes problems.

All there is to resolve a problem is their websupport (via email).
    It's ridiculous that the (2nd?) largest company in the world does business like this. The email "support" seems to involve generic responses at a rate of once every 24-48hrs. I can't believe they treat their itunes customers like this and get away with it.

Their sales, of course, is via phone.
    I'm also finding it quite difficult to get a complaint phone line. I was informed that their business address in Ireland has neither a phone line or email address.
    Unbelievable.
    Has anyone else had problems with this opacity. And how does one deal with it.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

I logged a complaint on their website for being double charged on itunes and it was resolved in 24 hours (including refund to my card)?

whats your issue so we can get a better understanding on it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Companys don't have to provide phone support, google don't for example for gmail.

Given you've not actually outlined what your issue is in detail nobody can really assist you with your issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Probably because iTunes works fine for 99% of people and any issues can usually be sorted out with a Google search. Bar billing errors I am struggling to see what could go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

Probably downloaded something he doesn't want and is trying to get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Rory1

I must say I had a billing query with iTunes last month and customer service was excellent. Very prompt and had a refund within 1 day. I downloaded wrong file, my mistake, they could have told me to get lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

I have had two encounters with iTunes Support. The first was when my mother accidently downloaded a gifted album to MY account, within 24hours, the album had been credited to her and they told ME to keep the album already downloaded as a good will gesture. Amazing.

Then, during 02's free Fridays, I started downloading a song with a FREE credit, but the programme crashed, my credit was taken, but the song never appeared. Once again, within 24 hours the song was re-credited and then 2 days later the rep emailed me again asking if everything had worked out and was I happy?

Really, I have found them to have one of the best customer services out there! Hang in there OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Gotta love these sorts of threads were the OP isn't getting the response they had hoped and doesn't bother returning to post in the thread :D

Advertisement