If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

47" LED TV with passive 3D

Options
  • 09-01-2012 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm on the look out for a new TV and think that 47" thereabouts is the size I want. 3D is a nice to have too and I prefer LED picture to plasma.

I saw the Philips 47PFL7606 in a shop and was very impressed. I currently have a 37PFL8404 which I got from you guys and I love it, particularly its motion processsing display 100Hz. The 7606 looked like it had the the fluid motion as the 8404 and might be better given its newer and a faster spec.

Looking around the web I see Pixmania have it for €999. Including delivery and subtracting fatcheese and discount codes this works out at €1019 delivered.

I also see Richersounds have the 7666 for £999 with a 5yr warranty but its for instore only and I see theres a 7696 available elsewhere too. I think the 7666 has better speakers and the 7696 has better speakers and faster refresh rate (600Hz vs 400Hz). You could correct me if I'm wrong there.

Could I get some boardsie special prices on any of the above?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Bazwaldo

The Philips 7 Series TV's are pretty excellent TV's in ALL screen sizes - been VERY popular as well and for good reason it produces a great image and is a pretty versatile TV as well:)

The 47PFL7606H is the offical 7 series for Ireland, the 7666 is aimed at the English market and is the same core TV with 2 main differences:
    1) 2x14 watt sound system (compared to 2x12 watt on the 7606)
    2) built in Wifi (7606H requires PTA01 dongle at €49.99)

The 7696 isnt officially available to us either for that matter - this TV adds 600Hz perfect motion Rate processing into the mix (compared to 400Hz PMR onthe other 2 sets.)

I see Pix are out of stock on the 47PFL7606H until end of the month at this time.

i'll pm you a price for a 47PFL7606h now

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Thanks. I'll get back to you when I receive the PM.

Cheers Ash. Reply PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Cool will have a read
    atb
    Ash

Hi Ash, I've replied to your PM. Thanks

• Advertisement

John, I sent you a PM on Friday to continue the conversation I was having with Ash and Nicola. Could you take a look please?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

bazwaldo wrote: »
    John, I sent you a PM on Friday to continue the conversation I was having with Ash and Nicola. Could you take a look please?

Thanks

Pm sent!

Thx
    Jmc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John, PM sent.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭stocktrader

can I get a PM too. interested in this tv

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Stocktrader.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately the post you have replied to is a very old one dating back to before the Philips Shop closed :(

I think getting these screens now might be a problem as the 47PFL7666 is now listed as "LAST FEW TO CLEAR" on our website as it has now finished.

I'll check with John to see if any stock is available from Philips and get back to you.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.