Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahinch today

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

must check out doughmore. I've been spinning up to sligo when the swells from the NW.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

I want to try doughmore and spanishpoint ... what are the rip tides like there, currents and rocks ... is it safe to head out myself ... i'm good swimmer but only learning surf ? I head to lahinch because i can blend in with the crowd :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Radiosurfer

Doughmore and Spanish Point can both be very dangerous. I surf Spanish Point when I go surfing and never have any problems but that's where I started surfing and I now know it pretty well. I wouldn't advise going to either one without someone who knows the place.
    Spanish Point at mid tide on a rising tide at either end of the beach is the best. The middle of the beach is Rip-tastic.
    Doughmore is pretty chaotic. I've never known a beach landscape that changes so drastically so often. The tides there seem to move everything around every few days. Definitely ask the surfers there when you see them.

i'll stick to my enzo's and bens van so for now until i get some info on doughmore etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭noserider

Without revealing any secret spots could anyone point me in the right direction on where might be a bit smaller when the waves get 6ft+ in Lahinch?That is just outside my comfort zone.
    Feel free to drop me a pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Why was Gavin banned???

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

rodento wrote: »
    Why was Gavin banned???

Threads in here aren't really the place for these kinds of questions but for the sake of clarity.......He's site banned, not just from the surfing forum. The reason is he was a re-reg of a user who is perma-banned from the surfing forum(before my time), making a new account to get around a forum ban is against the site rules of boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭keryl

Was he Tuesday or Friday before that?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

keryl wrote: »
    Was he Tuesday or Friday before that?

Neither. Now lets get back on topic....:D

noserider wrote: »
    Without revealing any secret spots could anyone point me in the right direction on where might be a bit smaller when the waves get 6ft+ in Lahinch?That is just outside my comfort zone.
    Feel free to drop me a pm

Fanore can be smaller depending on the direction as the aran islands get in the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

try the likes of doughmore down in doonbeg
    try fanore
    even go to spanish point
    all superior to lahinch
    surfing in lahinch is just a tad more exciting than surfing in kilkee
    Pretty ridiculous statement. If you're talking about just scenery then yes, all those mentioned might be better but for waves it totally depends on conditons. A lot of the time lahinch beach will have a better wave than all the others mentioned.

Back on topic the winds starting to die off...

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

Decos wrote: »
    try the likes of doughmore down in doonbeg
    try fanore
    even go to spanish point
    all superior to lahinch
    surfing in lahinch is just a tad more exciting than surfing in kilkee
    Pretty ridiculous statement. If you're talking about just scenery then yes, all those mentioned might be better but for waves it totally depends on conditons. A lot of the time lahinch beach will have a better wave than all the others mentioned.

Iv been painfully sick (both directions, at speed, for nearly a wk) from the water twice in Lahinch. Needless to say, won't get in the water there no more.

so is surf in lahinch today as good as MSW said it was? just curious if forecast matches up, will be goin tommorrow

Jaysus, stuck in work today and it looked deadly, time off at the right time tomorrow and it looks like ****e. This working lark has got to end, it's ruining my stoke.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Jaysus, stuck in work today and it looked deadly, time off at the right time tomorrow and it looks like ****e. This working lark has got to end, it's ruining my stoke.:mad:
    Indeed it was. Surfed til 7 afterwork. Beautiful.
    Sorry u missed it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Quite looking forward to tomorrow myself:D

rodento wrote: »
    Quite looking forward to tomorrow myself:D

what direction you headed tomorrow? forecast not great round these parts anyway. :(

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Indeed it was. Surfed til 7 afterwork. Beautiful.
    Sorry u missed it!!

Making me sick dude. I guess Rodento's got a sweet sheltered spot that he's off to today.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Curvedcoast

Hi lads,

Sos here - left a 6'4 Dhd board on the grass on the top car park on Sat eve. If anybody comes across it or hears of it my no is <use the pm function>.

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement