Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching out a thermostat

Options
  • 09-01-2012 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I have a siemens rwb7 which controls the hot water to the tank from the burner . It is a pain in the ass and I am wondering if I can switch it out for something similar to the timer for the immersion. ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Foleyart wrote: »
    I have a siemens rwb7 which controls the hot water to the tank from the burner . It is a pain in the ass and I am wondering if I can switch it out for something similar to the timer for the immersion. ?

which is....?

Whats wrong with the rwb7

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Foleyart

The immersion timer is the bog standard clock like affair where you depress the little toggles to correspond with the time you want it in. The siemens never seemed to work properly and would come on at odd times and stay on for hours on end randomly. I tried re-setting the damned thing but I must be technically challenged as it does not seem to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Foleyart wrote: »
    The immersion timer is the bog standard clock like affair where you depress the little toggles to correspond with the time you want it in. The siemens never seemed to work properly and would come on at odd times and stay on for hours on end randomly. I tried re-setting the damned thing but I must be technically challenged as it does not seem to work.

I have a rwb7 for 20+ years and other than replace the backup batt never any issues.

IMO the one u describe are a pain in the ... especially as one gets older and has less power in fingers, I'd go digital, perhaps a hortsmann http://www.horstmann.co.uk/

In passing its not a stat u need its a timer, maybe edit the heading in edit, advanced

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Carlow52 wrote: »
    I have a rwb7 for 20+ years and other than replace the backup batt never any issues.
    +1

I have installed dozens of these units and never had any issues.
    I have had to replace plenty of APT immersion timers, which I never liked. In fact I often replaced them with a Siemens RWB7 with a contractor.

Advertisement