Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exotic Car Rental?

• 09-01-2012 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've recently managed to get myself engaged and with the wedding planning - I've decided that I have no interest in getting a vintage car. Also have no interest in paying for the use of a BMW 7 series etc as have a lexus myself so would be a waste.

What I really want to do is get a sports/supercar for the weekend. Ideally I'd like to get a Ferrari/Lambo/Aston/GTR type car.

Does anyone know of somewhere in Ireland that does this? I've found UK sites but they're of no use.

Also, would anyone know if a garage would even entertain the idea of "renting" a car like this for a weekend? Would be happy to swap my insurance to it for the few days....

Cheers all,

Z.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Seems like a waste you wont get to drive it as you will be busy all day over the wedding weekend. Wedding dresses and low cars dont go well together and also you and your guests might cringe at the time and in the years to come about the appearance of such a move as IMHO its pretty cheesy.

Save your money, use your lexus and rent a nice car on honeymoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭voojeq

yep looks like from luxury in ireland we have range rovers only

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055070133

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

On my wedding day i hired a Maserati quattroporte to be driven around in.

Had the same idea as you it'd be cool to drive myself, wont happen unless you know somebody who works in a garage that might be able to get you one for the weekend.

To be honest you wont have time to sit down for the day/weekend so i would be happy be driven places and relax!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Cheers for the replies lads.

Where did you manage to get the quattroporte?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

I'd agree that paying massive money for a supercar for the morning of your wedding and parking it for the day then is a waste. Also the following day you can't exactly disappear with your Ferrari for the day and leave the new wife and all family/friends who have travelled to see ye behind.
    That's why I had a nice new 434bhp Corvette ZHZ on my honeymoon! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

There's a place up north that do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've recently managed to get myself engaged and with the wedding planning - I've decided that I have no interest in getting a vintage car. Also have no interest in paying for the use of a BMW 7 series etc as have a lexus myself so would be a waste.

What I really want to do is get a sports/supercar for the weekend. Ideally I'd like to get a Ferrari/Lambo/Aston/GTR type car.

Does anyone know of somewhere in Ireland that does this? I've found UK sites but they're of no use.

Also, would anyone know if a garage would even entertain the idea of "renting" a car like this for a weekend? Would be happy to swap my insurance to it for the few days....

Cheers all,

Z.

Congratulations Paul.

Don't know how I missed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Cheers for the replies lads.

Where did you manage to get the quattroporte?

All event limos was the name of the company.

http://www.alleventslimos.com/

Gorgeous Car to be driven in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Too good for Colms Megane?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Actually Paul I know someone nearby who may be able to help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Pray tell? :)

Cheers JCC, was up on Facebook but thats as far as the announcements went!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭pcardin

smash wrote: »
    There's a place up north that do it.

Love it! :D An answer that isn't an answer at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 paddysaab

There was a place in Dublin. You could hire a Ferrari etc. for the weekend with limited mileage and pay so much for any extra. Beauford, but I think they are gone now.
    How about http://www.heritagesportscars.com/our_classic_cars.htm
    They advertise a Ferrari Mondial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

A friend of my wife was driven to the church in a ferrari 348. I'm nearly sure that it was the same one used for the Ferrari driving experience (seen on Citydeal)
    http://www.goldenmoments.ie/ferrari-driving-experiences

Saw the photos- looked pretty cheesy....:roll eyes:

I drove a 348 before and believe me, it is not a comfortable or spacious car, not for a bride....

Use your Lexus or get the loan of a 5er- no one cares as long as it's clean...

Good luck

Advertisement