Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulating skylight....

• 09-01-2012 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a skylight in our roof which comes down into our bedroom via a six foot funnel. The attic floor is insulated but there is no insulation on the funnel.....basically its a bit of plaster board. Whats the best way to insulate it....would tacking hte silver foil that you see in woodies but enough or do i need to do something more substantial?

Thanks

James

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

silver foil only works with actual insulation inside it as it acts as a reflectance in a sealed cavity, so no dont use it. my current preference is for mineral wool between the stud frame followed by wood fibre boards that act as insulation and also hold the mineral wool in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jrby

Thanks. Appreciate that.

James

Advertisement