Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone playing Rift?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

CyberJuice wrote: »
    anyone got the name of a good eu pvp server with high populatyion and raiding guilds

http://www.riftstatus.net/shards/eu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Trion's mobile app for Rift is pretty cool too, lets you chat with friends and guildies just via the app itself.

Info here...

http://itunes.apple.com/en/app/rift-mobile/id471051079?mt=8

Android version coming soon.

Nice touch that.

Just to add to that post about pvp, as I resubbed myself earlier today for a year (cheapest option) now that I've upgraded my PC and it runs perfect on Ultra settings.

The queue times (US side at least) are 1 minute for pvp warfronts - so they've improved an awful lot. Warfronts are also split into pvp ranking now, so myself as rank 6 gets lumped in with Rank 5 to Rank 8 pvpers when pugging - meaning I cannot go smashing rank 1 noobs any more (which is a good thing really) and it also means those just starting out gearing and ranking up via warfronts get a chance now to relax and enjoy the games without being smashed in a few seconds.

Afk leechers are booted really fast, so either you join and play or you're out within a minute of going afk I think it is - again I think this is great.

Server I was on (gayblind pvp) turned into a Trial server while I was gone so I moved to Deepwood (PVE) US server instead. Name there is "oxo" - level 50 Guardian Rogue.

Plan on getting Rank 8 in pvp, gearing up with same level gear then focusing more on PVE aspects and maybe get back in to raiding at some stage.

Good fun, missed the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Went back to rift yesterday from swtor, have to say rift is the superior game. Once swtor comes out of beta I might go back :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm going to subscribe tonight, just to see what it's like. Guessing i should go with Bloodiron as a server, as it seems the most populated. Going to level a healer as well, and try dungeon running. Either a Chloromancer or Cleric of some sort, just not sure which yet.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm going to subscribe tonight, just to see what it's like. Guessing i should go with Bloodiron as a server, as it seems the most populated. Going to level a healer as well, and try dungeon running. Either a Chloromancer or Cleric of some sort, just not sure which yet.

I have a level 50 cleric, I have a dps spec and healer spec. It's a great all rounder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Have you played before? As far as I know everyone got free game time for changing their password (or at least I think they did since I was able to play last night without having any paid game time left).

You could try Bard if the healing mechanics don't take ye. Used to run T2's for a laugh in the past with 5 Rogues, one tanking, rest as Bard :D

Chloro is a lot of fun,very complicated mechanic at work but a lot of fun.
    Im leveling my Cleric atm,have tank,dps and healing souls going so i can do whatever i like with regards roles :)
    As for servers, im on Icewatch and it has a great population.
    Its a pve server but enough pvp if you want it with warfronts.

Dcully wrote: »
    Chloro is a lot of fun,very complicated mechanic at work but a lot of fun.
    Im leveling my Cleric atm,have tank,dps and healing souls going so i can do whatever i like with regards roles :)
    As for servers, im on Icewatch and it has a great population.
    Its a pve server but enough pvp if you want it with warfronts.

I'm on Icewatch aswell, what's your character name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

changed my password yesterday and loged in,thought id try this new instant adventure feature on my 50 rogue so i joined the que,this was at 12 o clock at night and mt server doesnt really seem very populated,i ran around the main city and only saw 2 people..

anyways,after about 4 minutes the que poped and i clicked enter,i was teleported into shimmersand into a raid grp,i was the only 1 in the group, a quest poped up to kill 10 raptors,so i killed 10 raptors,then another quest poped up to disarm 10 traps,then another quest poped up to kill 10 other mobs and the fourth quest poped to collect another 10 items,

dont know about an adventure,it just seemd like it was throwing boring quests at me,so i teleported back to the main city and loged out,ill have to transfer and try it again on a higher populated server during the daytime, but if there idea of an adventure is throwing normal quests at u then im not impressed.hopefully the last few quests in the chain are to kill big rift bosses

Limericks wrote: »
    I'm on Icewatch aswell, what's your character name?

Efioanaes and Herita.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Started on Icewatch last night. For anyone interested in going back, you get 3 free days for changing your account password. You don't even need an active account. Enjoying it so far, but i'm still too low to do any instances. The healing mechanics of the Chloro seem weird, but really interesting.

You can still get a 7 day trial period with the game if anyone is interested in trying it out and hasn't already.
    Someone else might post their referral link Trion give you on your account though as I've already done loads for friends and am subbed for 13 more months so no real benefit to me if you do sub after the trial (persons referral code you use gets a month free if you sub from their trial link). https://rift.trionworlds.com/account/referral/get-account-referral-dashboard.action <-- that's the link on your account to get your referral code to give to others for their trial. You also get to summon each other every 30 minutes and loads of in game stuff too.

Just for those of you that usually play together and haven't already for Rift, might as well benefit each other if some of you are not already subscribed but thinking of trying it out first before you purchase.

oxo_ wrote: »
    You can still get a 7 day trial period with the game if anyone is interested in trying it out and hasn't already.
    Someone else might post their referral link Trion give you on your account though as I've already done loads for friends and am subbed for 13 more months so no real benefit to me if you do sub after the trial (persons referral code you use gets a month free if you sub from their trial link). https://rift.trionworlds.com/account/referral/get-account-referral-dashboard.action <-- that's the link on your account to get your referral code to give to others for their trial. You also get to summon each other every 30 minutes and loads of in game stuff too.

Just for those of you that usually play together and haven't already for Rift, might as well benefit each other if some of you are not already subscribed but thinking of trying it out first before you purchase.

Good idea, i forgot about this.
    Feel free to send me a pm if anyone wants to avail of this and the goodies that come with it :)

Id rather not provide the link, that way ill know who is who :)

I got an extra game code with 30 days free if anyone wants it, ashes of history edition too. Bought it in the steam sale cos it was 5 bucks just incase anyone ever wanted to play :P

PM me if you want it.

Terms:
    Have to use my refer link (gotta get something out of it :P)
    Actually play the game :P don't just ask for the code cos it's free ask for it because you are genuinely interested.
    50 posts at least here on boards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Does the referral work for people who have dormant accounts or only new accounts?

I think it may be new players only but you could try if you want, I'll pm you my link too see.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Yeah new players only. 3 days free play will have to do me.

nesf wrote: »
    Yeah new players only. 3 days free play will have to do me.

That sucks, yeah im playing out my 3 days aswell, game is f2p aswell on Thursday for a few days.

Still have that code btw if anyone wants it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76570745&postcount=47

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How much Is it a month?

ill use that cosde if its not allready gone limericks,i can transfer to ur server and play with u if your lookin for someone to run dungeons or do pvp with

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

I would be interested in that also Limericks!

*dam myself for not picking up a copy in steam sales..*
    Currently waiting on Guild wars 2 and just working on improving my java and searching for something right to play.
    Played wow for years but its lost all interest for me.. If your looking for someone to play with and just have a bit of craic i could defo try it out for a month at least as i'm not at much else.

Having a degree in Software programming and then doing a computing FAS course ends up with me having a lot of time.... LOL

Anyways let me know
    Mikey

Cyber, do you already have an account because the code won't work on an account already setup, it's a code for a new account. It sounds like from your post that you have an account already. If that's not the case let me know otherwise the code will go too Mikey.

If you don't reply in a few hours I'll send it to Mikey, i'll PM you to make sure you see this.

ok limericks i didnt realise it was for a new account, might as well give it to mikey,theres free game time for all coming up in few days so maybe he shouldnt use the code untill after he uses up the free 5 days or so they are giving away to everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

oh 5 days? that might only be for Accounts that are paid for like i have no idea lol i made a trial account back when the game first launched but i was so engrossed in warcraft that i didn't give it a proper chance.

How long does it take to get to 50 and such? :D

i got to 50 in 4 and a half weeks wen the game launched,there were other people who played more then me and they were 50 within 3 weeks,depends how long u play for each day and also if they have changed the exp since i was leveling up back at launch..

Levelling is a lot faster now and through whatever crap they've been giving me in mails, I've now loads of flasks/pots for 50% and 100% 2 hour buffs to experience (plus prestige and favour) to make it even faster.
    You get a load of those flasks if you use the ascend a friend link that a friend (or someone on here) might give you from their account.
    Levelling is also quiet enjoyable now.

• Advertisement

Since i resubbed ive got my Cleric from lvl 22 to 41 in maybe 8-9 hours gametime, thanks to the xp bonus consumables you get when you resub.

Advertisement