Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone playing Rift?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    oh 5 days? that might only be for Accounts that are paid for like i have no idea lol i made a trial account back when the game first launched but i was so engrossed in warcraft that i didn't give it a proper chance.

How long does it take to get to 50 and such? :D
    Yeah leveling is allot faster now as there is much more to do. I have sent you the cd key to your inbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Auction Houses are now also all cross faction as of the latest update, nice touch.
    ====================================
    RIFT 1.6.1 Hotfix #8 - 1/18/12

GENERAL
    * Auction Houses now list and allow you to bid on items from both Guardians and Defiants.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

ive got level 36ish mage i wana transfer and play with some guys,can anyone recomend a server / guild? ill be lookin to do some dungeons and pvp while leveling,.so a guild with people who will do them with me is a must..also possibly a pvp serrver for some gank parties

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I got an email about free game time from the 19th to 22nd but after patching up the client it still says I don't have an active subscription. Any idea what time this will kick off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Try this evening see if it makes any difference could be American time or something =[

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So after working on leveling my Cleric and playing some of my rogue i went back to my 50 mage to see some of the new content and WOW theres so much to do.
    The game has changed dramtically since i last subscribed 10 months ago.
    A nice bonus being its probably the best looking mmo out there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Dcully what main are you rolling these days Guardian or Defiant ?

Stev_o wrote: »
    Dcully what main are you rolling these days Guardian or Defiant ?

Guardian.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So gradually levelling my Chloro, and it's fun. I seem to be pretty much unkillable with a pet out. Looking forward to trying some healing in instances, even if the healing mechanic of the Chloro is weird and will probably take a lot to get used to. Also, there are an insane amount of spells between the 3 souls.

Really need to get some money for a mount though, as it's near impossible to get to Rifts in time to do anything while walking. Also, what's the deal with lvl40-50 people clearing Rifts in the starter area? I had one guy who was clearing them all, and it's kind of annoying as it takes any fun/challenge out of it.

@ Kiith, the best leveling spec for a mage is probably Necro/Lock ,zero downtime.
    As for chloro healing,its a lot of fun, you have some really big instant cast heals both for group/raid and for tanks but they are on a CD,when you put 51 points into chloro thats when your healing really shines,you will never run out of mana thanks to some tricks you have.
    Its an unusual style of healign for sure but its very enjoyable.
    Heres some Chloro healing guides for you.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/classes-telara/mage-discussion/255160-rift-chloromancer-healing-guide-patch-1-4-a.html

http://www.riftjunkies.com/forums/mage-soul-library/1702-pve-healing-chloromancer-guide.html

and finally a good allrounf Mage site

http://bluedots.org/

The high lvl guys closing rifts could be after augments etc for a new crafting skill .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Chloro healing rocks :). It's not that difficult once you get used to it.
    I've main-healed T2s with just about adequate gear, a bit of a challenge at first, but a lot of fun too. The only time you can run into trouble is when you need a lot of instant heals and all are on CD or in hghly mobile fights where timing your instants is essential. And chloro has the shortest CD battle rez.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ok, looking at that site and i'm going to try the Necro / Warlock / Chloro build later, as it sounds pretty awesome. I'll need to get two new souls though. Are the quests to get new souls easy, or would i just be better off buying them?

I'll go back to Chloro one i can run some isntances. I'm assuming i can have different roles that can be changed (i.e. Dual Spec)?

Kiith wrote: »
    Ok, looking at that site and i'm going to try the Necro / Warlock / Chloro build later, as it sounds pretty awesome. I'll need to get two new souls though. Are the quests to get new souls easy, or would i just be better off buying them?

I'll go back to Chloro one i can run some isntances. I'm assuming i can have different roles that can be changed (i.e. Dual Spec)?

You can have 3 specs that can be changed on the fly, once out of combat.
    You can respec these souls anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Any advice on a cleric levelling build?

nesf wrote: »
    Any advice on a cleric levelling build?

The Duracell build is fantastic for leveling.
    Im using it on my Cleric alt.
    I also have a healing build for dungeons as i lvl.

Full details on the Duracell build here

http://dulfycleric.wordpress.com/2011/11/01/duracell-solo-build-leveling-guide/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Actually, you can have 5 roles by now :P (still not enough, I need role no. 6 to play around with builds) and they can be changed once you are out of combat.
    The warlock/chloro build is cool especially running around Ember Isle and for group healing.
    You just buy your new souls now at your trainer, the soul quests were done away with in one of the earlier patches.
    Re Cleric build, I use the duracell build as well for levlling my crafting alt, it is very good indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

I used to steamroll the earlier rifts as max lvl, just to get achievements... 'clear all 5 unique rifts in <area>' or the like, iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

So in my hungover state i decided to go for a new MMO after not playing one for a few years and am downloading this. Either it destroys my life or i give up in a few days. Either way is ok i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

I'd forgotten all about the new area Ember Isle so discovered it this morning and ended up spending the whole day there questing, farming and doing dailies. The place looks absolutely fantastic and I got 4 levels of xp for planar advancement.

It's a really bloody lovely looking MMO once you've a decent computer spec to max it out.
    They've really made a huge effort to bring the world around you alive, a real joy to play in even when solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Dcully wrote: »
    The Duracell build is fantastic for leveling.
    Im using it on my Cleric alt.
    I also have a healing build for dungeons as i lvl.

Full details on the Duracell build here

http://dulfycleric.wordpress.com/2011/11/01/duracell-solo-build-leveling-guide/
    I remember using that one actually, it was incredibly efficient but easily the most boring levelling I've done in any MMO. The macro for it was just way too powerful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Blowfish wrote: »
    I remember using that one actually, it was incredibly efficient but easily the most boring levelling I've done in any MMO. The macro for it was just way too powerful.

I still use it to get through any areas i need getting through like ember isle. Been using 51 inquisitor for raiding and t2's though since yesterday and it easily put my dps up by 200-300.

And my lovely warden for spike healing tanks. I favor healing over anything but my wisdom isn't high enough yet to do any real healing for raids so I stick with dps when the guild does one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Blowfish wrote: »

It is, but then I've never found levelling interesting for its combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This game has always looked intriguing to me but what always put me off was the "macro" combat. Most games don't allow them for obvious reasons.

While I find the process of tweaking macro's to be more effective intellectually stimulating, surely it makes any form of combat horrendously boring.

Does it really just boil down to pressing one button to perform a dozen actions? Or do people exaggerate. Geneuinly interested in an informed answer here. If it isn't as bad as it seems I'd like to give the game a try as it seems like WoW on crack. Which is no bad thing :)

you certainly can macro an awful lot of stuff together and is an issue imo..

iirc warriors (or some particular build) have an awful lot of reactive attacks (ie usable when the enemy parries, or dodges etc). So by stringing them altogether, including your regular attacks from highest cooldown, to lowest, you can find a 1 or even 2 button build...

As said though, they are mindnumbing, but completely avoidable. We had a warrior in our guild who was really against macro's, and didnt use any at all (not even targetting ones, much to the raid leaders annoyance :P ), and he still pulled in massive dps. Regularly topped the meters iirc with pretty lousy weapons (much to my annoyance.. :P )

Ive never used macros and never will therefore it doesnt bother me in the slightest.
    Then again i dont pvp at all really.

some builds used them more then others. Used to play sabdancer as rogue, and it had an annoying habit of stopping melee combat when applying charges, so adding in 'startcombat' (think is wrong, cant remember the exact command) to all of your bombs attacks would keep you melee'g

a great use for macros, which I think everyone could use, is for automatically swapping equipment on role changes
    So create a dps role in role slot 1
    put on all your dps gear, and type 'saveequip 1'

then create a macro, somewhat like
    >role 1
    >loadequip 1

do that for all your roles, and you're laughing :) Swap to tank gear for your tank role, dps gear for dps role, healing for bard role etc etc

Ive played about an hour or so solo and pretty boring so far. Not the game's fault just the genre i guess. How long till there's a group dungeon or something like that ?

iron tomb & realm of the fae, level 17-21

Spunge wrote: »
    Ive played about an hour or so solo and pretty boring so far. Not the game's fault just the genre i guess. How long till there's a group dungeon or something like that ?

Pretty much 99% of the polulation are hanging out in Ember Isle [the new zone] or raiding,pvp,dungeons.

• Advertisement

Starting having more fun yesterday once i got to sanctum, did some PvP, crafted, re-specced my class. Still kind of confused about the invasions and rifts and stuff, and theres so many different vendors for all sorts of things in sanctum. And i queued for the first dungeon for like half an hour but nothing happened.

Advertisement