Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone playing Rift?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Dcully wrote: »
    How exactly is it an odd statement?
    As I mentioned, it's odd claiming there's nothing to do at cap in comparison with Rift when it has more instances/raids etc. than Rift did at this point.
    Dcully wrote:
    My opinion that swtor is garbage is exactly that, an opinion.
    Indeed, and you are fully entitled to it.
    Dcully wrote:
    As for releasing content as fast as rift i seriously doubt it.
    They've released an extra instance and finished the 2nd raid so far, with another planet, raid, instance and Warzone due in a month. Datamining sites have also dug up 3 more content patches, each containing an operation.

That's most definitely rivalling the pace of Rift's content release schedule.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

As I mentioned, it's odd claiming there's nothing to do at cap in comparison with Rift when it has more instances/raids etc. than Rift did at this point.

I replied to the the chap asking which was better as of now , nobody mentioned which has/had the more content @ launch yet you seem fixated on that.
    To be clear im talking about swtor V rift as of now which is what the guy asked, you seem to be imagining i said one had more than the other @ launch.
    They've released an extra instance and finished the 2nd raid so far, with another planet, raid, instance and Warzone due in a month. Datamining sites have also dug up 3 more content patches, each containing an operation.

Quality ahead of quantity anytime.
    What is there now in swtor in terms of endgame is rubbish imo, its bugged its a snoozefest.
    I hope im proven wrong and the game improves dramatically in the future but right now i seriously doubt it, swtor is imo the single biggest mmo fail possibly ever [ hell its not even an mmo at this stage :rolleyes:]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Limericks wrote: »
    I disagree, i often make allot of plat by making the epic items for people. Also creating burning power stones is a great way to make money also.

Depends on your server I suppose.

I don't make much from selling weapons, make a lot more from just the mats alone. Mining and herb/wood I make a ton of plat from. Nothing to spend it on either really so I just gather what's around me now as I'm questing or whatever and sell that, rather than going out to farm.

Blowfish wrote: »

Honestly, I don't think any MMO will ever come close to rivalling the pace of Rift's release schedule, read around on MMO sites and I think you'll find many a player (even those that no longer play it) that would agree. Patch after patch has brought huge improvements to the game.

I was very critical of Rift at the start, can't remember how many times I was banned from their forums for ripping them a new arsehole but, in all fairness, they really listened to their players, (and not just those that whined blah blah rogue one shot me boo hoo) but actually listened and made great changes to the game.

Even the PvP now, as MMO's currently go, there's nothing out there at the moment that is as good as Rift's Pvp. It's not great either, but it is the best of what's there at the moment and they're constantly improving it and listening to constructive criticisms and idea's from their players.
    There's still a high amount of sheer hatred among some players of opposing factions, and that's a good thing, reminds me of the old PvP attitudes in vanilla wow :pac: and it's hard to find that these days in any MMO.

I intentionally used to gank good geared high pvp ranked players in open world, purely because I got a kick out of the nerdrage spam that would ensue in /Yell afterwards from them - especially when I'd reply something along the lines of "sorry i from china hi i like you friend you kiss me ok love" - can't get the likes of shít like that anywhere else at the moment, hilarious :pac:

My only real objection is that I preferred the original T2's at the start when they were fairly hard to complete, like taking hours to run through.
    I spend more time just questing and enjoying the scenery in the game these days, in-between ranking up in PvP (currently only rank 26, 14 more levels to go !).

Anyway, something to do until PlanetSide 2, I enjoy the game a lot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I managed to log onto my lvl17 character today for free, which was great. What was even better is i logged in during a massive Fire invasion, and had a blast helping to kill it. Kill some invaders, shut some rifts, then kill some massive guy (even if it was dead before i even got there - lack of a mount sucks).

It really does beat any other MMO for instant action i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

oxo_ wrote: »
    Even the PvP now, as MMO's currently go, there's nothing out there at the moment that is as good as Rift's Pvp. It's not great either, but it is the best of what's there at the moment and they're constantly improving it and listening to constructive criticisms and idea's from their players.

jeez all i ever read on the rift forums is people saying the pvp is terrible, but i guess they still play it :p
    ive only done low lvl stuff but its pretty fun so far, couldnt do it for long at once though.

Most of them are just venting I reckon because the pvp isn't exactly casual friendly. You need to rank up to get the best of gear, which is only fair really.
    However, Trion again made big changes in the last patch and content update - you can now get very decent gear without any pvp rank, just need the pvp currency to buy it is all.
    I still wear mostly what was anyway, rank 2 gear. Only weapons are rank 6 and I think a ring and something else, rest is all lower level stuff. I'm a rogue though so I can pick and choose my moments :)

pvp soul is also gone, which is fantastic for spec build geeks. Pvp currency gained has also been boosted so it's now a lot easier to gain gear.
    Wait times for warfronts are now almost always instant due to another change they made, if your side is low on people queueing for warfronts, you can now end up on the opposition team as a mercenary fighting your own faction :D

Short of realm v realm type pvp, this is probably the best MMO pvp you're going to get anywhere until the likes of Planetside 2 comes out.
    RvR I'd hope to see in a future Rift patch, they've been hinting at it for a while now.

Advertisement