Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wireless headphones

• 09-01-2012 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭

Are they worth the money

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

For home use? Depends on how much you dislike cables and value freedom to move around. The good stuff is really pricey though.

Portable? Meh, cabling is handy if I need to take my headphones off for a bit etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

It need to buy new head phones but the only thing is I fall asleep wearing them at night.

I fall asleep wearing wired headphones most nights with no problems. Used with an iPod though, so not much of a problem if I roll over.

nesf wrote: »
    I fall asleep wearing wired headphones most nights with no problems. Used with an iPod though, so not much of a problem if I roll over.

I use wired headphone. but one side has broken off. I rolled over on it looking for my phone. What would be a good one for about 50 euro. I may wait till I go to the states. Mainly used with ipod

cena wrote: »
    I use wired headphone. but one side has broken off. I rolled over on it looking for my phone. What would be a good one for about 50 euro. I may wait till I go to the states. Mainly used with ipod

Dirt cheap, not a big deal if they break: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Koss-Porta-Pro-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B00001P4ZH/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1326126038&sr=1-1

Your other main option is to go for earbuds or IEMs: not into the cheap ones myself so I don't have a recommendation.

• Advertisement

I was looking at Sony or roland. Not into the earbuds when sleeping

Well it'll help other people with recommendations if you say what kind of music you listen to, whether a lot of bass or strong treble is something you want, etc.

Well it'll help other people with recommendations if you say what kind of music you listen to, whether a lot of bass or strong treble is something you want, etc.

Alot of rock. Hip hop. A good mixture. Mainly rock

It got these sony mdr-rf810rk for my birthday. not what I wanted but they'll do.

I hope they work out well for you.

• Advertisement

I hope they work out well for you.

Thanks. got them as present for my birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rizzo the Rat

Cena, they are the same Sony ones I got and am having a lot of trouble with them cutting out when watching TV. They will work fine and then after 10 or 15 mins they will hiss and cut out. Let us know if you have any issues with them.

I'm bringing the headphones back. they just stopped working last night and there is a hissing kind of sound while listening to them

Yes I have the same problem with them. Let us know how you get on.

Yes I have the same problem with them. Let us know how you get on.

I just got a refund. No questions asked why I was bringing them back

I found the following on the Sony website about this exact model:

"My MDR-RF8x0RK headset turns off automatically after a few minutes. What should I do?

Please increase the volume level of the TV (or audio device) and lower the volume level of the headset.
    This will also improve the audio quality (white noise level).

http://www.sony.ie/support/en/product/MDR-RF810RK/tips-and-solutions"

Advertisement