Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone got a pick axe handy?

• 09-01-2012 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

Just returned to the sink to wash my cereal bowl, and the remaining traces of wheatabix are glued to it like I dont know what, and it made me wonder, what the hell do the makers add to it that makes it go this rock hard and adhessive, and are their talents wasted, and should they be in the glue making or the building trade instead.

Anyway, back to that pick axe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Steep for two weeks. In a cocktail of every soapy thing you can find. Topping it up when the water gets below room temperature.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Hang on a sec....

<<Checks coat pocket>>

Nope, sorry mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

But it dissolves after 3 or 4 minutes in water. I wouldn't want my house built with it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Just use the dishwasher, or if she's not available, some hot water.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Do what I do, let your butler or kitchen staff take care of it.

• Advertisement

You think that's bad? I bought a bottle of that Jones' Cream Soda once a while ago and had it in a paper bag on the bus home from Galway city. It started to leak at some point, right through the bag and on to my jeans. This led to a rather awkward departure from the bus, trying to cover up the wet mark. When I got home to take off my clothes, I discovered that not only had it gone through my jeans and my boxers, but it had actually stained the f*ck out of my leg.

That stuff took a long time to scrub off and hurt like f*ck. I can only imagine what it must be doing to our insides!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

smash it to pieces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

You think that's bad? I bought a bottle of that Jones' Cream Soda once a while ago and had it in a paper bag on the bus home from Galway city. It started to leak at some point, right through the bag and on to my jeans. This led to a rather awkward departure from the bus, trying to cover up the wet mark. When I got home to take off my clothes, I discovered that not only had it gone through my jeans and my boxers, but it had actually stained the f*ck out of my leg.

That stuff took a long time to scrub off and hurt like f*ck. I can only imagine what it must be doing to our insides!

Like Lucozade. You get that sh!t on your clothes and you may as well throw them out unless you want to look like you jizz berocca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

irish-stew wrote: »
    Just returned to the sink to wash my cereal bowl, and the remaining traces of wheatabix are glued to it like I dont know what, and it made me wonder, what the hell do the makers add to it that makes it go this rock hard and adhessive, and are their talents wasted, and should they be in the glue making or the building trade instead.

Leave it on soak over night with boiling water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

where are the blast with piss patrol today??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

There's your mistake. You should never buy the counterfeit stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭gamgsam

When I was 17, I was in my friends (also 17) house after staying the night. Had a few beers so made a huge breakfast fry toast weetabix orange everything. By the time we were finished eating all the food, the weetabix remnants were rock hard. He passed some comment on the toughness of it while trying to clean off the bowls. I said " Sure didn't you know they used dried weetabix for the top 30 floors of the world trade centre? Cement priced rose so high that it made more sense to ship in tonnes of weetabix and milk to finish off the job." I had him for a good few hours after that till he told one of the lads and we both cracked up.

Good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Weetabix tastes vile too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Weetabix tastes vile too.

You've obviously never tried it with sugar on top. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭William_Hicley

gamgsam wrote: »
    When I was 17....... I had some very good beer, so made a huge breakfast fry toast weetabix orange everything. By the time we were finished eating all the food, the weetabix remnants were rock hard. He passed some comment on the toughness of it while trying to clean off the bowls. I said " Sure didn't you know they used dried weetabix for the top 30 floors of the world trade centre? Cement priced rose so high that it made more sense to ship in tonnes of weetabix and milk to finish off the job." I had him for a good few hours after that till he told one of the lads and we both cracked up.

Good times.

FYP lol! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Now, don’t be silly billies. A pickaxe might damage the delph! Everybody knows that dried Weetabix was used to hold the tiles on the Space Shuttle so you need something more moderner than a pick axe. Try a newmatic gasket scraper! You’ll need compressed wind to make it work. Hold the dish steady by squeezing it between a drawer front and the worktop, pushing the drawer front with your hip. The scraper has a chisel bit that “strokes” in and out like the clappers. It will shake the hairs off your arms but, sure, they’re not much use anyway like.
    Oxy-acetylene or grit blasting with aluminium oxide media are other options but the Oxy doesn’t help the potted plants much and the aluminium grit tends to get onto the draining board and other householders. Yeah, best go newmatic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭CYHSN

Sorry, only have enough steel to make a hoe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭BARRETT.50BMG

If you go to a jewellers and ask for a diamond cutter, that MIGHT do the job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

There's no such thing as "wheatabix" !!!!! ;)

Advertisement