Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth Installation

Options
  • 09-01-2012 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Would anyone have a ballpark figure for installing a Parrot bluetooth kit in an Opel corsa..Also which kit would be best and what price would it be..Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Your probably looking at about €200, more if you want one for an iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 homestyle

Thanks for quick reply..Is 200 the finished price and where locally could i get it done? garage quoting me 320.Thought it was too much

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I don't suppose by any chance your car has a tape-deck?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

No Fortunately its a bit more modern than that.CD player..Know anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I went to the vodaphone shop enquiring about a parrot kit for the car 2 years ago. The model was sold to me on the basis that it had a screen.

After it was installed it turned out the guy in the shop was full of shit (surprise surprise). It didn't have the screen at all.

Too much hassle to get it all pulled out and changed so i didnt bother.

Well annoying though. Cost about 200 from what I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭futurec

Have sent you a private message

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

homestyle wrote: »
    Would anyone have a ballpark figure for installing a Parrot bluetooth kit in an Opel corsa..Also which kit would be best and what price would it be..Thanks in advance

If you are anyway technical they are not overly difficult to install, hardest part is often to pull out the radio. I bought a CK3100 for around 130-140 I think and installed myself.

Another simple option, which I use now all the time, is to install an aux/line in. Depends on the radio type but you can often buy adapters that convert the CD changer connector to a line in. I picked on up for around 45eur, can just plug the cable into earphone jack on the phone and use it for playing music and making/receiving calls through the radio.

:)RAYC..Thanks for your reply..Received a PM so will probably go down that route..Not very technological myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Have seen plenty of kits put it by this guys and all have looked good. Am about to get 2 done myself from him.

http://www.jrautosolutions.ie/contact.html

Advertisement