Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Corpse!

• 09-01-2012 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

Saw this on Metal Drummer Magazines update (link to their vid was removed by youtube). But on the comments someone else kindly re-uploaded it.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sweet, gonna give this a listen later when I get a chance :D Hoping this will be a good year for albums, I've heard Corpse were doing a new one, as well as Dying Fetus. And, hopefully, we will get that elusive new Pig Destroyer album too.

A teaser that Relapse made for the Fetus album, no samples of any songs sadly :(

double edit: How could I forget, Napalm Death have an album out in February too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Denny M wrote: »
    Sweet, gonna give this a listen later when I get a chance :D Hoping this will be a good year for albums, I've heard Corpse were doing a new one, as well as Dying Fetus. And, hopefully, we will get that elusive new Pig Destroyer album too.

New Meshuggah this year as well. Didn't know Fetus were doing a new album too.........and PD! I've a lot to look forward to now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Its shaping up to be a good first part of the year re releases.

Meshuggah would be the one Im most excited about though Im eager for new Pig Destroyer given how long its been since their last release.

Metal.

\m/

Meshuggah would be the one Im most excited about though

Me too. Been hooked since I picked up "I" on a whim and was blown away. Picked up everything else by them. Didn't think they could top Catch 33, but obZen. What an album!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Chaosphere is my personal top pick but the thing I love about them is that they constantly evolve their sound while still remaining ball bustingly heavy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

So is this thread the new Meshuggah Appreciation thread? :p

I'm eagerly anticipating their new album on March 27th.

Malice wrote: »
    So is this thread the new Meshuggah Appreciation thread? :p

I'm eagerly anticipating their new album on March 27th.

Pretty much evolved in to it yeah. (And any other new release of 2012!).

So, back to the new CC track. Given it a few listens and I quite like it!

(Just noticed that it's been removed......aw. Will try to search for a re-re-upload soon).

New vid of them setting up (dossing) in the studio. Awesome. (Still can't find the new track........looks like it's down everywhere! Aw).

Here it is............finally!

Demented Aggression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Not really into Cannibal Corpse that much but that new track is pretty sweet.

Can't f*cking wait for the new Meshuggah, I is one of the best things they've ever done. 21 minutes of pure heavy ingenious experimentation.

New Pig Destroyer would be sweet! I didn't really give Phantom Limb much time, is it as good as Prowler or Terrifyer? (my personal favourite)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Can't f*cking wait for the new Meshuggah, I is one of the best things they've ever done. 21 minutes of pure heavy ingenious experimentation.

New Pig Destroyer would be sweet! I didn't really give Phantom Limb much time, is it as good as Prowler or Terrifyer? (my personal favourite)
    Phantom Limb is pretty good imo, though my favourite PD album is Prowler. I'm just really looking forward to them releasing something cause it's been so long since they've had an album out.

Denny M wrote: »
    Phantom Limb is pretty good imo, though my favourite PD album is Prowler. I'm just really looking forward to them releasing something cause it's been so long since they've had an album out.

Yes Meshuggah\Pig Destroyer are awesome.

So, what do we think of the new track? :P

The studio update is quite Metallica-ish. Just that you can see them getting old (especially Paul needing to be hung upside-down just to sort out his back....Suppose that's the price to pay for years of blast-beating :pac:).

Advertisement