Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband in clonlara?

• 09-01-2012 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hi iv just moved to the area and iv tried o2 and 3 and both are very hit and miss... just wondering about good providers of broadband at a good price per month?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

What's your budget? I'd recommend staying away from dongles if you can at all.

I'm on UPC across the river in Castletroy, I'd say give em a shout to see if they cover Clonlara. The number is 1890 940 624

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Im in Clonlara.We have the Eircom 24mb package with a landline aswell.I think its around 65 a month. I'm not sure about the phone but I can tell you that the internet isnt very reliable.We only get 10mb max and its seems to just drop signal almost everynight and has to be reset.It is better than the dongles though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭jakko86

ya iv used the o2 and 3 dongles and both are hit and miss keeps dropping out and drives me mental... i was hoping for a broadband only option around 30 pm??Do upc have a broadband only package do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

jakko86 wrote: »
    ya iv used the o2 and 3 dongles and both are hit and miss keeps dropping out and drives me mental... i was hoping for a broadband only option around 30 pm??Do upc have a broadband only package do you know?

I'm almost sure UPC dont provide out here because they only use fibre optic cables and as of yet there arent any in Clonlara( Or at least they arent available for use).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

jakko86 wrote: »

No UPC in clonlara. Anything you get fom fixed line will include €26 odd line rental, making the €30pm budget a bit unrealistic.

Maybe someone like Digiweb, BBnet or Imagine would have something?

• Advertisement
Advertisement