Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Limerick for college, help?!

Options
  • 09-01-2012 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Im moving to Limerick for college this year and im aiming for UL but if i dont get into UL i hope to get into LIT, the only place i can live is a 15 minute walk from UL, Its on Dublin road (parkmews student accomodation) and i was wondering how far that is from LIT would it be possible without a car? to walk i cant seem to find out how far it is from LIT, just worried about if the LIT is in reach if i dont get into UL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭gerrymadden1

L.I.T. is beside Thomomd Park & about 30-40 minutes walk from the Parkway roundabout.

You'd do it in 15 minutes on a bike... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

That doesnt seem too bad, i was expecting worse, is there any buses that would do that route?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Moved from LC.

You might get better local info here, OP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

There are definitely busses, but the location you mention is pretty far, even for UL.

I used to live in Parkview, and would say it's a good 20 minute walk into UL (dependent on where your lecture is) and Park Mews is further out I think. It would be a good 45-50 minutes to LIT.

To be honest, i think you'd be better off knowing where you were going, and picking somewhere a bit closer. Or you run the risk of skipping a load of lectures because you can't face the walk/wait for the bus, and becoming an expert on daytime tv :)

Best of luck in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm curious as to why Parkmews is the only place you can live? Surely accommodation isn't booked out for September already?

• Advertisement

its because of its price and im moving there with my gf also so its kinda a situation i dont wanna leave even if i get LIT, since i wanna live round her

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

its because of its price and im moving there with my gf also so its kinda a situation i dont wanna leave even if i get LIT, since i wanna live round her

Ah so you already have plans to move there? Makes more sense now. Traffic would be fairly mad in the morning I think so factor that in too.

ya i understand traffic would be mad but if there was a bus route i would cosider that

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hughberto

Ya you could get the 305 to town and then the 302 from outside Dunnes on henry street.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

I have no idea where Park Mews is but I live beside the parkway. Its about a 50-55 minute walk to LIT and about 20 mins to cycle. Be cheaper to buy a bike and cycle than getting the bus everyday.

I used to cycle for the first 2 years and the odd time Id walk it. If your walking you might as well walk into town from LIT. The bus there takes ages to come and does a full lap of the housing estate out there as well. Only about 15-20 min walk from LIT to town.

• Advertisement

parkmews is like parkville but its cheaper and closer to UL is located but halfway between the city centre and UL, its on the Dublin road. Its seems really far on the map, looks more like an hour cycle than hour walk

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

parkmews is like parkville but its cheaper and closer to UL is located but halfway between the city centre and UL, its on the Dublin road. Its seems really far on the map, looks more like an hour cycle than hour walk

cycling from the gate of UL to LIT would take about 35 mins. LIT is about 15-25 mins from the Parkway roundabout depending on how quick you cylce and what route you take.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tomas93

well lads complete nube to this is forgive me please haha :) just wondering anyone going to limerick college at the minute i'm thinking of doing the teaching course to become a woodwork and tech g. just wondering whats the place like really? is it as bad as everyone makes it out to be? cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

When you get to know the city it ain't a bad cycle and you can avoid slips of traffic. Cut through rhebouge, into Abbeyvale Corbally and down by st Marys school, over the bridge and swing a right and up by king johns castle and It's straight road.All strange names now I know but that route would only take 15 mins or so... Maybe twenty when hungover :)

Advertisement