Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Netopia 2247NWG 12VDC, 800 mA from Modem to Router?

Options
  • 09-01-2012 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi

Does anyone know how to change the grey Netopia 2247NWG 12VDC, 800 mA from a modem to a router/wireless access point?

There is another new black eircom router in the attic, the Netopia 2247NWG 12VDC 800 mA, can pick up the signal sometimes through the local network but it keeps on cutting out from internet.

I think I am missing some switch to turn the modem off and use it just as a router to transmit wireless to other parts of the house.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to permanelty switch Netopia 2247NWG 12VDC, 800 mA from a modem to a router or to use Netopia 2247NWG 12VDC, 800 mA as Wireless access point (WAP) to transmit the internet signal downstairs?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Okay, so you have a new wifi router modem in your attic which but the wireless signal doesn't cover the whole house? And you want to add in the 2247 somewhere in the middle of the house or do you want it beside the other router in the attic? Are they going to be attached by an ethernet cable?

Your post is quite confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 broadbanddub

Zab wrote: »
    Okay, so you have a new wifi router modem in your attic which but the wireless signal doesn't cover the whole house? And you want to add in the 2247 somewhere in the middle of the house or do you want it beside the other router in the attic? Are they going to be attached by an ethernet cable?

Your post is quite confusing.
    sorry, I can't get signal downstairs, so I want to use the 2247,placed downstairs to broadcast the signal from upstairs via ethernet cable to downstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Okay, great. You should be able to do what you want.

I just googled this guide: http://www.speedguide.net/articles/how-to-set-a-wireless-router-as-an-access-point-2556

If you run into trouble then just post again.

Advertisement