Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G Coverage: Three vs Vodafone

Options
  • 09-01-2012 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi,

has anyone used both? Which has better 3G coverage?

I find Three good - in general - but sometime is does switch to roam on Vodafone 2G. I wonder, would I be better off being on Vodafone permanently.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If money is no problem go with Voda. But they are very poor value for money compared to Three., planwise at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Thanks.

Sure, they are more expensive, but Ive been monitoring my 3G data usage over a few months, and seem to easily keep under 500MB/month. I have 4GB on Three, and just dont need it all. I'm on Wifi for any big stuff.

I also like data roaming anywhere in Eurpoe for €2/day/10MB. Three data roaming is more restrictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Vodafone has the best coverage. Isn't Meteor on the same network so may be a cheaper alternative. You should make sure 3G is actually available in the places you want it before you choose Vodafone though, if they can't do the coverage ether there's probably no point in paying extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

mcbert wrote: »
    Thanks.

Sure, they are more expensive, but Ive been monitoring my 3G data usage over a few months, and seem to easily keep under 500MB/month. I have 4GB on Three, and just dont need it all. I'm on Wifi for any big stuff.

I also like data roaming anywhere in Eurpoe for €2/day/10MB. Three data roaming is more restrictive.

If you have access to a "Three Like Home" network in Europe, then your tarriff covers all activity at no extra cost.

Advertisement