Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tefl in South America

• 09-01-2012 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been leaving in Madrid teaching English for a year and a half, and while I enjoy it and it is a great city, I feel like a change of scenery. Given that I speak Spanish and I've always wanted to go, I'm giving serious thought to South America.

Does anyone have any experience of teaching English in South America, and more specifically Argentina? I have a CELT, degree and will have over two years experience.

I know that I probably won't be saving much money, but I'd be happy making enough to get by.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mikelowri

ESL cafe is always a good place to start. Here's a ling to the Argentina forum.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewforum.php?f=23

If you are planning on going soon you night want to start the visa process.

I have heard that it is very difficult to live of a teachers salary in Buenos Aires. Montevideo is somewhere worth thinking about. It is expensive, and start up costs seem to be high but you can work on a tourist visa.

Are you planning on making the move soon?

I'm off to Colombia in three weeks to teach. Demand seems to be high in Bogota and with experience you would get sorted very quickly. Again you probably don't need much before going, and madrid is the place to fly from. I just booked flights this week, so you don't need to book far in advance. Even if you needed to do a few things at home, you could probably get cheap return flights with ryanair and leave most of what you need for south america somewhere in madrid.

PM if you want any more info.

Donal

Advertisement