Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salt Beef

Options
  • 09-01-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

This might seem like a silly question, but what does Salt Beef taste like? I had a bagel in The Bagel Bar in Dublin after xmas and ordered a Salt Beef bagel (as my first choice wasn't available), I thought it would taste a bit like pastrami, does it?? The beef was dull brown in colour, the tiniest bit I tasted (I couldn't pull it apart because it was like leather) had no flavour whatsoever and it was full of fat. The gherkins and the sauce were nice but not worth €5.20! When I mentioned to one of the girls working there, she said 'that's how the beef comes into us' - she did offer me something else, but I got my money back.

Advertisement