Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog walker Dublin 15

• 09-01-2012 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine might be renting out my spare room for the next 6 months, but has a dog. Obviously neither of us want the dog on its own all day, so she'd need a dog walker for during the day. Does anyone know any around the Blanchardstown area? Daycare isnt affordable so its only the walking option during the day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Sassy58

All I will say is PLEASE please be careful with what dog walker you get in that area (they cover Blanch) - I got a company who have a website, cards in the petshop they came to the house were there for over an hour and a half as we have one very nervous dog - lead me to believe dogs (as we had 3) would be walked on their own with maybe 1 other dog.

One day I had to come through the Phoenix Park to collect something and seen my dogs with them there was two of them and they had about 6/7 dogs EACH and my dogs were on CHOKE chains - 2 of my dogs are smallies and the other is a restricted breed by I had discussed choke chains and they had agreed they were so against these and I was horrified to find they had been using them on my dogs.

If a fight had of broke out there is no way in hell they would have been able to control 14 dogs - so all I will say is please be very careful who you got I had to learn my lesson the hard way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

marley123 wrote: »
    Gave her a buzz, she seems very nice thanks for that. Will keep ringing around to see whats out there.

Sassy +1 i was a petsitter for years so anyone taken on will have to have plenty of references and may get the odd spot check now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Sassy58

The ones I had out - had references had their van kitted out etc thought happy days have got a professional service etc - guess looks are nothing.

Funny taking to a girl last year she had the same experience with them and using choke chains on her dogs as well - seemed they hadn't learnt their lesson it was sad cause I thought we had got a great service. Did have a great girl in Cabra but sadly she went to work for her husband :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 casjem

I second sue. She walks my dog Monday to Friday and she's brill. Happy, content dog (read exhausted) awaits me each evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Rebeccaf92

Does anyone have an email address or anything else that would help get in contact with Sue? I tried looking up the facebook link but it didn't work.What prices does she offer?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sk8rchic

Hi there,

I use Pet Smart, The girl used to be a veterinary nurse and works for the DSPCA also. She takes my 2 springers out on walks and they come back tired. She doesn't use choke chains, but 'slip leads' and takes them "off road" so they can have a run in the park.
    I was able to check all of her references etc. which were provided without me asking for them.

Advertisement