Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

90Kgs in 2012

Options
  • 09-01-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Long time user of Boards but have never started a log. So here goes.
    I have been working hard for 2 years+ now to lose weight. Always been an issue since childhood but finally getting to where I am progressing to a standard size.
    Started in early 2010 at 122Kgs with diet (sort of, i.e. stopped eating crap & drinking) and running. Worked from there and completed a Duathlon, then on to 2 sprint Triathlons, the Phoenix Park race series and finished with 2010 Dublin City Marathon. Finished this in 4:44 which was brilliant. Weight fell but plateaued around 107-110 Kgs.
    In 2011 did the race series again and with the training for this, weight dropped to 103-105Kgs. At the end of last year I entered a boot camp where starting weight was 106Kgs and over an 8 week period dropped this to 99Kgs. Felt fantastic to break the 100Kgs barrier which was the first time since I passed it on the way up in about 1986. I’m 40 now and want to achieve a better weight and lifestyle so as ensure I see my 2 kids grow up and can participate in all of their activities as they get older.
    The boot camp helped with exercise but the main thing was that and a combination of proper eating. By this I mean focus on fresh, more veg, fruit, protein and eating more regularly and after exercise which I wasn’t doing. Also, water, water, water for all aspects of the body.
    So now I have set myself a target of 90Kgs, the TriAthy sprint in June and the Olympic TriAthlone at the end of June. I am 98 Kgs as we stand (or sit). In order to do so, I want to start a Blog of eating, exercise and general thoughts to help motivate me on those tougher days.
    So here goes. Goes without saying that any and all comments / help will be appreciated.

Exercise
    5Kms at lunchtime – 28:44

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭boccy23

Second day was as follows:

35 minutes wlaking dog at 13 min miles.

Bootcamp home workout
    45 secs / 15 secs rest
    2 sets of the following:
    Pushups
    Mountain Climbers
    Lunges
    Plank
    Jumping Jacks
    Ski Hops
    Sit Ups
    Sprinting on the Spot
    Tricep dips
    Longbridge plank

Only got to go for a walk yesterday. Twas my birthday so enjoyed myself.

Rest day yesterday. Onwards tonight with resistance band training.

Resistance bands last night.

Chest press.
    Chest flys.
    Lateral raise.
    Front raise.
    Squats.
    Pec isolators.
    Front row from low on door.
    Tricep pull downs.
    Kneeling hail marys.
    Plank front & both sides.
    Back stretches.

3 sets of each with 12 reps except squats which was 20.

An hour walk yesterday. Over 4 miles so nice brisk pace.

• Advertisement

Did Circuit Training class last night. 1 hour of pain/pleasure.

97.4 Kgs this morning.

5.5KM run last night in 30:50.
    Also 40 mins walking the dog.
    Sit ups and Obliques after the run.

1 hour of circuit training last night.

2 rounds of bootcamp and 1 set of resistance band exercises.

97.2 Kgs this morning.

So progress!!:D

Away for the week in Switzerland so no training.

Off to Bootcamp tonight though.

Advertisement