Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My home made super butt/ target

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 bconmy

How'd ya get all the carpet together? Easy to assemble?? Is it stopping arrows as well as it looks like it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

If you make a U shape out of the wood first, then layer the carpet until you are a few inches above the hight of the wood, then lay the top plank of wood on top of the carpet. Now put 2 ratchet straps from the bottom of the target, and over the plank thats resting on the carpet. Tighten the ratchet straps until the carpet is compressed, and the top plank sits flush with the 2 upright planks. Now nail the top plank in place. Remove the straps and turn the target 90degrease so the carpet is vertical. Finished. :)

And yeah, it stops the arrows perfectly. Just don't use carpet that has rubber/ sticky backing or you wont get your arrows back out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Black_Widow

Any idea what the lifespan on one of these would be?

My husband and I are kicking ourselves after seeing a few of these, threw out a hefty sized piece of carpet only a few weeks ago :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Hey Lardy, roughly how many pieces of carpet did you use and how thick did you cut it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Hi guys,

Life span is very good. Mine is still not showing any signs of wear..

The carpet is cut into 4ft by 9 inch strips (approx) Honestly have no idea how many strips I used to be honest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement