Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't we catch this mouse???

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

i always use nutella , i've caught about six with it !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 bunty2008

Merch, great idea!

I'm afraid to bring nutella Into this house coz I'll eat the lot straight off a spoon! Might give it a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

If you have a power source in your attic-one of the plug in thinggies that send out a high pitched signal might do the trick. I'm not sure if you even need to put it in the attic,it depends on the squre footage of your house. They are in all the hardware shops. There are some to keep bugs away and I'm pretty sure there are rodent repellant ones,just check that they won't bother your dog. Best of luck, tis such an annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

If you have a power source in your attic-one of the plug in thinggies that send out a high pitched signal might do the trick. I'm not sure if you even need to put it in the attic,it depends on the squre footage of your house. They are in all the hardware shops. There are some to keep bugs away and I'm pretty sure there are rodent repellant ones,just check that they won't bother your dog. Best of luck, tis such an annoyance.

i have one of these pugged in and i'm always plagued with mice:mad:

Ok folks. I'm defeated. I can't face another night dealing with traps. The funny thing is, I haven't heard anything in about 6 or 7 nights. Not a peep. Now my Hubble thinks I'm just plain nuts. Who'd have thought a mouse could cause such disruption. Now I know how Tom the cat felt!

Thanks so much to everyone for great feedback and advice - I hope It serves someone well in the future. If I hear any more scratching, I'll either move or set fire to this house!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I had used one of things, mouse was oblivios to it, happy enough to eat from the trap beside it! Cheeky bugger was able to eat the chocolate without snapping the trap!

What I did then was heat the spike part of the trap with a cigarette lighter, then melt the choc onto it, problem sorted, mousey is no more :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

bunty2008 wrote: »
    Ok folks. I'm defeated. I can't face another night dealing with traps. The funny thing is, I haven't heard anything in about 6 or 7 nights. Not a peep. Now my Hubble thinks I'm just plain nuts. Who'd have thought a mouse could cause such disruption. Now I know how Tom the cat felt!

Thanks so much to everyone for great feedback and advice - I hope It serves someone well in the future. If I hear any more scratching, I'll either move or set fire to this house!
    Now is the time to figure out how it got in and to take steps to stop it getting in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bozd

assuming you caught him - I got a sticky trap, sticky cardboard floor and folds into a tent shape, get them on-line - worked. rodents chewing stuff can cause damage to wires etc. so becareful where you put your hands near them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

bozd wrote: »
    assuming you caught him - I got a sticky trap, sticky cardboard floor and folds into a tent shape, get them on-line - worked. rodents chewing stuff can cause damage to wires etc. so becareful where you put your hands near them.
    It's illegal to import, sell or possess glue traps without a licence since 2000, they're banned in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

bozd wrote: »

Nasty!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

slimjimmc wrote: »
    It's illegal to import, sell or possess glue traps without a licence since 2000, they're banned in Ireland.

Wouldn't want to cause the little rodents any distress would we ? More ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Dub12Dave

Make sure you put the trap against the wall, because they generally run along the side of the wall, if you have them put two traps back to back I have used chocolate spread before and has ALWAYS worked for me, Hope you catch the little fooker soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

rsole1 wrote: »
    Wouldn't want to cause the little rodents any distress would we ? More ****e.
    Wouldn't want to waste time and money buying a banned product on the web only for it to be seized by customs would we :D.

OP are you even sure it is mice that you have (or had), have you seen evidence? Even a tiny attic like yours should show signs especially over time.

I was pretty sure because it's a very distinctive noise. However, have yet to see droppings. Have heard nothing now in about 10 days, so what ever it was, it's not there now. Have just given up - knackered going up and down to attic, so calling the whole thing off. Little Focker is right. If I hear again, operation Roland will resume.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Leave some anti-rodent propaganda around the attic ;-P Perhaps it's been posted already but I had a couple of weeks of rat hunting (big ugly things) in the attic. They mostly kept to running alongside a beam rather than straight across the attic. Finally got rid of them all after finding the entrance outside (to the cavity wall), sealed that off and used traps, lots of them, upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Last year the missus was convinced that we had a mouse in the sitting room ceiling/bedroom floor, scratching and scraping in the same place every night.

After trying to figure out where it might be getting in or out of the floor or how I could get a trap in to it, I eventually copped that it was always a half hour after the heating came on and a half hour after the heating went off. :rolleyes:

The pipes aren't moving there this year.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DubPredator

set x3 regular traps with peanut butter covered in honey and leave them alone for 24 hours. if the traps are working properlly and you dont get the mouse u dontr have a mouse.

Advertisement