Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False Eyelashes

Options
  • 09-01-2012 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hey

hoping someone can tell me the best false eyelashes they've used? Nothing too expensive though.. Less than €10 if possible.

Thank you :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

Hi FiveSpice,
    A lot of people like the Girls Aloud fake eyelashes. Personally, I like the Eyelure ones which can be gotten in most chemists and Boots. I like the 116 Eyelure lashes as they are natural looking- but it depends on the look you want to go for.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

Oh sorry- they are about 8 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 FiveSpice

Thanks a million. I'll give them a go. I bought some cheap ones in Penneys yesterday just to practice because last time I tired putting them on was a disaster.

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Have you tried putting on individual lashes? I find them easier to put on than a strip. I have found Kiss are making them and you can find them in some Penney's and they really aren't dear. Although I do recommend buying Duo glue, its a special eyelash glue that helps your eyelashes stay on. I often do my sisters eyelashes and she said it lasts for a weeks with that glue on.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I buy my eyelashes in bulk on ebay, really cheap. I agree with the above poster, Duo glue is amazing, you can get it in MAC. It's the glue that really make the difference IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

I've heard good things about Just Lashes by Ja'Maal who apparently is the 'eyelash guru to the stars'. He has loads of different types from more heavy eyelashes to day look.

Check out jamaalbuster.co.uk! I'm not sure of the price though(cos i got mine free). however i've used them and found them good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The Active Lashes in Boots are the same eyelashes as the Girls Aloud ones. Only 8 euro for a pack of 5 I believe... I thought they were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

+1 for the Duo glue. It kept my lashes on for 13 hours at my debs, they never budged.

If you are willing to spend a little extra, I think my MAC ones were 13 euro or so, still holding their shape better than some of the cheaper ones my friends bought around the same time. And I don't have to wear mascara with them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I love the Eyelure ones! Kimberly from Girls Aloud are my favourite. But I've used a few from the Eyelure range and find them all really nice, and the glue is great too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I love LA makeups lashes, or girls aloud. Use duo glue, it's much better.
    Strip lashes are pretty easy to put in, I learned how to put them on with a tweezers, now I can pop them on like I'd pop in contact lenses!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Penneys and Argos had Girls Aloud copies in a 5 pack for dirt cheap, they're grand, although I get mine in Sallys now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Looking Glass

You can't go wrong with the Girls Aloud ones! Either Kim or Nadine's are the best ones. I'd stay well away from the pack of five Penneys lashes, they're not so very subtle GA rip offs and the lashes are sort of bristley and uneven.

My personal favourite brands are Eyemazing and Dolly Wink. They're both Japanese, but there are a lot of sites which import them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Boots get lashed, they are 9 euro a pack but i would get a good few wears out of them. Once I look after them.

Also the glue is excellent in them.

The girls aloud glue is gone crap lately.

the trick is to let the glue dry before you stick them on!

Advertisement