Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i get a better upload speed.

Options
  • 09-01-2012 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

I live in Pallaskenry Co limerick is there any way possible i can increase my upload Speed and what would be the cost? Somebody told me about going on a business package or something. The upload i have at the moment is just horrible for X box live.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

I know how you feel...I have been onto the guys on Twitter about this for quite some time. They have told me that

(Paraphrasing btw)

To get faster upload, you will need to

- Come off NGB
    - Switch to a Business Package
    - Enjoy Network Slowdown during peak-times and
    - Paying unnecessary large amounts of money for "broadband"
    - You are better off staying on NGB and suffer the lag issues in games...As I do...Every day.

~Vamp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Same here...my upload speeds are 0.41 Mbps....I can hardly use skype.

Download is good though. I get nearly 7 Mbps (average 6.5 Mbps) on a 8Mbps package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

KIERAN1 wrote: »
    I live in Pallaskenry Co limerick is there any way possible i can increase my upload Speed and what would be the cost? Somebody told me about going on a business package or something. The upload i have at the moment is just horrible for X box live.

Hi, KIERAN1

I am afraid as outlined, if you are looking to increas the the upload speed from The cuurent upload you are getting on am NGB package.

The only option is to upgrade to a business broadband package or upgrade the NGB Ultimate (if the telephone line qualifies)

Here is a URL to see the Upload / download speeds for each broadband package.

http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/speedtest/

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭KIERAN1

I know how you feel...I have been onto the guys on Twitter about this for quite some time. They have told me that

(Paraphrasing btw)

To get faster upload, you will need to

- Come off NGB
    - Switch to a Business Package
    - Enjoy Network Slowdown during peak-times and
    - Paying unnecessary large amounts of money for "broadband"
    - You are better off staying on NGB and suffer the lag issues in games...As I do...Every day.

~Vamp

I can't get that NGB were i live. I mainly have the internet anyway's just for light browsing, and playing X box live, with friends.

I used to have that very same problem, the slowdown at peaks times, last year, but it has improved since then, and not too bad now in the evening time, speeds are fairly consistent. Ping can be slightly high though sometimes, which is not a good thing when playing live!

I just find my internet is just too slow for X box live overall. Download is important for x box live. But not as important as having a good upload speed and having a low ping (latency)

The higher the upload and the lower the ping the better experience you'll have. This is why lot of people the majority of customers i say purchase UPC in urban areas, to avail of the higher upload speeds, they've got.

Hi, KIERAN1

I am afraid as outlined, if you are looking to increas the the upload speed from The cuurent upload you are getting on am NGB package.

The only option is to upgrade to a business broadband package or upgrade the NGB Ultimate (if the telephone line qualifies)

Here is a URL to see the Upload / download speeds for each broadband package.

http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/speedtest/

Thanks, Mark

Hello Mark, as i have just outlined. I don't have NGB. My Package is 7 down and 312KB upload. Not sure what more speed my line can handle?

• Advertisement

gzoladz wrote: »
    Same here...my upload speeds are 0.41 Mbps....I can hardly use skype.

Download is good though. I get nearly 7 Mbps (average 6.5 Mbps) on a 8Mbps package.

X box live doesn't really need a large download speed for gaming your hosting matches, so a high upload speed is what is required. Same with Skype and similar devices, slower the upload, the worse your experience will be.

X box live doesn't really need a large download speed for gaming your hosting matches, so a high upload speed is what is required. Same with Skype and similar devices, slower the upload, the worse your experience will be.

Hi KIERAN1,

If you PM me with your telephone number I can check the speed capability on the line.

Thanks, Mark

Hi KIERAN1,

If you PM me with your telephone number I can check the speed capability on the line.

Thanks, Mark

You should have that now!

You should have that now!

Hi KIERAN1

PM you back, sorry I could not help more.

Thanks, Mark

Hi KIERAN1

PM you back, sorry I could not help more.

Thanks, Mark

A no worries, just hope Eircom, will upgrade soon whether than later. Thanks for checking up on it anyways.

Just before i go is there anyway the latency can be reduced on my line from your side?

• Advertisement

A no worries, just hope Eircom, will upgrade soon whether than later. Thanks for checking up on it anyways.

Just before i go is there anyway the latency can be reduced on my line from your side?

Hi KIERAN1,

I cheked with managers in broadband technical support and the latency is well within normal range for the broadband home plus 7MB package. They confirmed there was no wat to improve the latency from the network side I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement