Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trim Irelands cleanest town.

Options
  • 09-01-2012 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/trim-declared-irelands-cleanest-as-dublin-and-cork-perform-poorly-535210.html

For mobile users :
    Trim in Co Meath has been named the cleanest town in Ireland.

It is the first time that the town, which has been litter-free since 2005, has won the IBAL Litter League.

Swords in Dublin and Killarney in Co Kerry came second and third respectively.

However, Dublin's North Inner City and Knocknaheeny in Cork were declared litter black spots.

I tip my cap to those good folk that you do actually see out picking up litter and keeping the place clean, fair play to you, you're doing a great job!! Nice to see the recognition too! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

And yet less than 10 miles down the road here in navan, the place is a tip.

I get depressed driving through Trim... not cause its Trim... but because i know Navan will never be as clean as Trim and that i would prefer to live in Trim!

Fair dues to them... spotless town anytime i have passed through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Well done to all involved, it takes alot of hard work, time and effort.
    Irelands cleanest town.. A title to be immensely proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Access wrote: »
    And yet less than 10 miles down the road here in navan, the place is a tip.

I get depressed driving through Trim... not cause its Trim... but because i know Navan will never be as clean as Trim and that i would prefer to live in Trim!

Fair dues to them... spotless town anytime i have passed through.

Very true! Walk through Navan on a Sunday and the place is filthy!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Delighted with that, a great achievement to be first out of 53 Irish towns and cities. The progress made has been excellent when you look at how Trim has come up in the rankings over the past few years:
    http://www.ibal.ie/v1/default.php?content=latestresults.php

The people of Trim should be very proud of that. Well done, especially to the Tidy Towns folks who are obviously a big part of the success.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭umpire bat

The volunteer effort in Trim is a tradition going back to the 60s. Well done to the TTTC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 closecall

Well done to all involved good job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Navan town council... take note you lazy useless muppets!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

I notice in the Meath Chronicle pictures of this great event being celebrated by fellas in suits. I never seen a man in a suit cleaning the streets of Trim. The guys who clean up in the morning and the local Tidy Towns people are the good ones here. Why do the suits get all the credit

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I notice in the Meath Chronicle pictures of this great event being celebrated by fellas in suits. I never seen a man in a suit cleaning the streets of Trim. The guys who clean up in the morning and the local Tidy Towns people are the good ones here. Why do the suits get all the credit

http://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/trim/articles/2012/01/11/4008437-delight-in-trim-as-town-is-declared-cleanest-in-ireland/
    Trim town clerk Brian Murphy (right) with town council outdoor staff and local tidy town committee volunteers celebrate with local TD Ray Butler (left) this week.

:confused: Sound like a good mixture of people there to be honest, I don't get the "suits" comment really.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

Not a good mixture at all suits out front hogging the limelight , there were a couple of pictures in the print edition. One was all suits the other is suits to the front holding the award. Where are the suits when work is to be done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement