Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Iphone unlocked to Meteor

• 09-01-2012 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    A buddy has an Iphone 4 with O2 but got an upgrade to the 4s so passed the phone on to me. He asked O2 to unlock the phone and got the text message saying it was now unlocked (have an email of the message). When I put in my Meteor sim card it will not allow me to activate as it says the sim is not a valid carrier. Anyone any ideas?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Connect it to itunes and set it up as a new phone? That's my best guess :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

The text from o2 should have read
    o2 SMS wrote:
    Apple have confirmed the iphone....
    To complete the unlock, connect the device to itunes with a carrier SIM not supported in the iphone

To unlock it you need to plug the phone into itunes and you will be asked to download a new carrier update!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Thats what it did say but didnt work. Taking it back to O2 again tonight. Will post an update!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Remove the pincode from the meteor simcard using a different phone, then insert simcard into iphone and plug into itunes
    Update iTunes to the latest version, try itunes on a different computer.
    o2 will more than likely tell you the request was sent to apple and all they can really do is send it again, you can do that on o2's website or by PM'ing them on boards

Advertisement