Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO: landlords and property salespeople

Options
  • 09-01-2012 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭

if you have a house up on daft or similar websites with a single photo of the front door, i'm not interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

a single photo of the door followed by a photo of a view from the residence also doesn't count

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

+ multiple photos of the furniture in the house instead of wide-angled views of rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭suzzi

holy god, saw one the apts i live in on a site.....looked like a football pitch it was so big...........and they are tiny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

Up to half a dozen photos of the outside of the house but nothing to show the inside: means either that the house is either in a terrible state or that it is rented out and the tenants won't let the owner/agent in to take photos.

They should have at least photos showing: Living area, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and an outside shot + a copy of the BER. If the text says there are "great/fantastic views - well, let's see a photo of them. I've just looked at a property on daft which says lovely sea views - no photo of the view and according to the map, the house is some 2 miles from the sea!

If I don't like the outside, I ain't going to buy it as you can do very little to the outside.

If the BER is an F or G, I'm not interested - I am not a builder nor a great DIY person.

If the EA goes to a property it is not difficult to take photos and the cost is negligible these days, with digital cameras.

EAs just don't know what details a purchaser wants - bad marketing.

And EAs who put very few details in their adverts on Daft (or any of the other sites) often do so in the hope that the prospective purchaser will contact them - but if you send an email they don't answer in the majority of cases. I am waiting for one agent to reply to my third email requesting a reply and others who said that they will get back to me with the details I want - some I'm waiting for over 2 months.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Sometimes there's also a solitary photo of the toilet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Also, please note that I'm more than likely looking at yer place because it's near the bus/train/luas and so I won't be needing photos of those either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

odds_on wrote: »
    I've just looked at a property on daft which says lovely sea views - no photo of the view and according to the map, the house is some 2 miles from the sea!

Having the wrong location shown on the map is a major issue as well - do people just slap the address into google maps and then copy it into the ad without checking if it's correct? A lot of estates / road names are repeated in Ireland, I get a bit pi$$ed off clicking on an ad to find it's in "Blackrock, Cork" when the ad shows it being in "Blackrock, Dublin"...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Saw one recently where the guy renting a room in his house had a picture of himself sitting on the end of his bed! Comment below was "Me in case your wondering what i look like:) "

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

ronan45 wrote: »
    Saw one recently where the guy renting a room in his house had a picture of himself sitting on the end of his bed! Comment below was "Me in case your wondering what i look like:) "

Dude put up the link that sounds hilarious!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

odds_on wrote: »

EAs just don't know what details a purchaser wants - bad marketing.

And EAs who put very few details in their adverts on Daft (or any of the other sites) often do so in the hope that the prospective purchaser will contact them - but if you send an email they don't answer in the majority of cases. I am waiting for one agent to reply to my third email requesting a reply and others who said that they will get back to me with the details I want - some I'm waiting for over 2 months.
    After another email a few days ago -I got a reply - house was sale agreed in early November. Could the agent not have put Sold subject to contract? or something similar.

He also said that if the status changes he will contact me. No thanks Mr EA - I ain't going to buy through you even though you have other properties I am interested in. There's plenty more properties out there, I can choose - you're the loser and your client.

• Advertisement
Advertisement