Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking a opening a small bookies

Options
  • 09-01-2012 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

Does anyone know how much an SIS package will cost for a small bookies?

Im worried this will be more expensive than i think and i might not have enough money to set up yet.

Any general tips or useful info would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

You are Im sure aware that licenses are probably required, and that in many areas small independant bookies are closing.

[not being negative but just in case your not aware]

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

why not try laying bets on the exchanges. You can start with €5

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Quahog217

Yeah i know some are closing but i have a location with a guaranteed market, im worried set up and running costs may be a bit much for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Well while I dont know specifics your set-up costs would include a betting license and I believe you must also publish your application in a newspaper local to the area - at a minimum specified size...

Also if you want Sky Sports in the venue I believe you cant just have a domestic subscription - and a commercial one is a lot more expensive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I think s.i.s charge over 10 k per year and dont forget you will have to get turf t.v as well.
    It will be very hard to compete with the big boys but i wish you luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement