Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ginger Bar Gorey

Options
  • 09-01-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Just wondering if anyone else has tried it? Stumbled accross it yesterday for lunch and was really surprised. It's where the old internet cafe used to be on Esmonde St, not far from Aldi/Tesco. Has a real bistro vibe to it and the food myself and wife got was lovely. Would definitely recommend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭amy1plus2

I usually avoided that place because of all of the school children madness @ lunchtime - no offence! But as far as I know now, they dont go in since the changeover, not really aimed at 2 euro rolls etc! Quite similar feel to it to the old place acroos the road - Soul Cafe. Which actually I wanted to ask about, I heard the Health Board closed it down after an inspection, anyone hear if this is true or not? Sorry for hijacking the thread op, all in all, yes I would also go back into the new Ginger Bar! I had the soup and steak panini, yummm!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 26 liamdunne81

amy1plus2 wrote: »
    I usually avoided that place because of all of the school children madness @ lunchtime - no offence! But as far as I know now, they dont go in since the changeover, not really aimed at 2 euro rolls etc! Quite similar feel to it to the old place acroos the road - Soul Cafe. Which actually I wanted to ask about, I heard the Health Board closed it down after an inspection, anyone hear if this is true or not? Sorry for hijacking the thread op, all in all, yes I would also go back into the new Ginger Bar! I had the soup and steak panini, yummm!:p

Have heard a rumour about that (although not sure how true it is)

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Called in here this weekend - had the chicken wrap. Delicious / great size portion & real chips to accompany. Place looks great and really comfortable to dine in. Def worth a visit - I hope they do well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 colinthomas

dubsgirl wrote: »
    Called in here this weekend - had the chicken wrap. Delicious / great size portion & real chips to accompany. Place looks great and really comfortable to dine in. Def worth a visit - I hope they do well :D

I see its closed already. pity.

Advertisement