Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Odd/Stupid things you have done to impress the opposite sex?

• 09-01-2012 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

When I was 12 I decided i that skateboarding was what would make girls touch my willy.

On my 3rd day or so of owning a skateboard, i noticed two girls i knew at the bottom of the road. I decided to impress them by going down the hill while keeping the back end of the skateboard up, i fell over and ended up with a bloody nose.:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

If there's one lesson to be learnt it's that girls are not impressed by skateboards. at any age. ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

once, i accidentally the whole thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

If there's one lesson to be learnt it's that girls are not impressed by skateboards. at any age. ever.

Lies! Skakeboards and V8s are the only way to get wimmens....

I once tried to out-Yoga another guy to impress a particularly hot teacher. :o It gets more pathetic when I say he was sort of a priest, but that's a long story...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

There was a girl I liked when I was young, she was friends with my sister aswell as me, she was inside in the sitting room. I got my football and went outside the window and started doing bicycle kicks. :P......then I went over asking did she see what I did :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Story time:

Brought a girl to Fota Wildlife Park and while we were walking around it I spotted a large Ostrich egg about 30 meters from where the Ostrich was standing and about 20 meters from the fence - it looked like it had been rejected by the bird. I decided I wanted this interesting egg and it would have the added effect of impressing my date.

So I deftly leap the fence and scarper up the incline to poach the prize. As I was bending over to pick up the egg I heard my fair female cry 'WATCH OUT!'. I looked up to see what the danger was and there was a bloody great Ostrich staring angrily at me as if to say 'touch that egg I smash your skull with my beak'.

So I let out a little scream and turn tail and legged it back towards the fence not knowing if the angry bird was chasing me. When I got to the fence it was much higher from my side seeing as a dry moat was dug around the inside of the fence. I leap onto the fence and manage to get myself tangled in it eventually wriggling out of it and landing on my arse on the other side. My date was laughing her head off at what happened. I was glad that only my pride was injured as opposed to my skull.

Cool story bro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

once drunk at a party i "attempted" a backflip.

long story short, you have seen the fail videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

'Borrow' clothes from their washing line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

I invented the question mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Tried to play guitar...I can actually play, just not when drunk or when being watched! :D

Also, telling a girl I liked her, worst decision ever, the game is there to be played for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Married her :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Boasted about betting all my money - only to lose it all at the bookie's and tell her about the loss. She's still with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Years ago I owned a Mercedes E55 AMG.
    My girlfriend loved the power of it, and had never driven anything like it before.
    She begged me for ages to let her have a go in it. So I did. She donutted it (diffing) until my 275 35 ZR 18 tyres were bald as her pussy.
    It was a buzz at the time, but the tyres were £250 each.
    Here is a clip of someone doing the same thing in the same car:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knt4SMnmTXE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Aww... That means Avril Lavinge was lying!!:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I once bought a girl a drink and I learned my lesson, I never done that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

A big fúckoff tattoo on my chest with her name in it. I was young enough that I had to lie about my age to get it. She wouldn't let me shorten it to Kathy either, so I went through the full pain of Katherine.

I know it's stupid, but I'm oddly proud of it all these years later. Sure who wouldn't love an eagle and a heart on their diddy??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

I cut off my left ear after doing some sh1te oil paintings.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Aww... That means Avril Lavinge was lying!!:mad::mad:
    Well actually in the song he doesn't get anything until he becomes a rock star. So the real lesson is guitar = babes.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Well actually in the song he doesn't get anything until he becomes a rock star. So the real lesson is guitar = babes.

I bought a guitar a few years after the skateboard and had sex a few years after that, coincidence i think not:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

When I was in college I used to chug pints in one when I was out with the lads. I believe my reasoning was free pint and I get a better buzz...

I also used to tie cherry stalks in knots in my mouth til I nearly choked on one. I is sexy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Skateboard not good,guitar better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Chuck was taken

I found that out when I was 17 :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Naked press-ups at a house-party for the craic.

It worked, but not on the girl I wanted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Naked press-ups at a house-party for the craic.

It worked, but not on the girl I wanted

But it worked on the girl under you. Right? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Feeona wrote: »
    But it worked on the girl under you. Right? :p

Of course ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

So many things...probably the one I still cringe at is when I was 14 and I got the Aston Villa jersey (Aston feckin' Villa!) for my birthday and memorised all the players in the team just because the guy I was mad about back then was into them but I was too shy to talk to him (although we'd shifted silently a few times before that but no before and after banter....I didn't know what to say to him :o). One of my friends at the time shouted out at him down the street, "EVE_DUBLIN GOT THAT JERSEY COS YOU SUPPORT THEM AAAAAND SHE MEMORISED ALL THE PLAYERS IN THE TEAM SO YOU'D LIKE HER!!". I almost died. No more mute shifts after that. I was permanantly in bunny boiler territory for all eternity after that.

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    So many things...probably the one I still cringe at is when I was 14 and I got the Aston Villa jersey (Aston feckin' Villa!) for my birthday and memorised all the players in the team just because the guy I was mad about back then was into them but I was too shy to talk to him (although we'd shifted silently a few times before that but no before and after banter....I didn't know what to say to him :o). One of my friends at the time shouted out at him down the street, "EVE_DUBLIN GOT THAT JERSEY COS YOU SUPPORT THEM AAAAAND SHE MEMORISED ALL THE PLAYERS IN THE TEAM SO YOU'D LIKE HER!!". I almost died. No more mute shifts after that. I was permanantly in bunny boiler territory for all eternity after that.

Oh, you're that Eve?? :eek:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Ah come on! This thread has potential...I'm bumping it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Well, when I was a kid I'd pull their hair & call them names to get their attention. And sometimes I'd throw pebbles. Hehe, good ol' Elaine Moriarty used to go weak at the knees for my pebble-throwing.

I doubt women'd be into that sort of stuff nowadays, though. They're all into their Cosmopolitan, Delia Smith and Celine Dion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Be myself. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

kincsem wrote: »
    Be myself. :rolleyes:
    The self-loathing-ometer is going through the roof, chin up, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

I've made a fool of myself so many times trying to impress women that I don't even care any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I loved Jackie, a girl at school and although had shifted her two best friends ( badly ) all I wanted was Jackie. I used to turn into a total mess when she would talk to me, so you can imagine how the excitement when one day in second year she sat beside me on the bus home from school. A mixture of nearvs, hunger and desire overtook me and out of pure bravado got a mars bar from my bag and two bites later the whole thing was a in my mouth. With wrapper disgarded on the ground I began to struggle with the melting chocolate mess in my mouth and started choking, spitting the mars all over myself and the seat in front. The whole bus paniced, but some of the older kids to come to my assistance. I remember looking at a shocked Jackie as one of the sixth years was slapping my back trying to dislodge the chocolate. It took about a month before they stopped teasing me, and I could approach Jackie tip time at the junior disco. Waste coat on and fueled with a can of Smithwicks I offered Jackie a lift on my shoulders, but unfortunally a mixture of me being wimpy and she mounting too sudden shuddered us across the dance floor and colapsing in a sore heap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Skateboard not good,guitar better

Neither working for me so far... :(

Neither working for me so far... :(

You have to do them at the same time. Have you been doing them seperately all along? Pffttt, amateur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

homemade business card, I was 18 :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement