Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord next door won't co-operate

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Cussypat1974

My garden is overgrown and I like it that way. I am very glad there is no legal obligation to keep grass to a certain height as my garden gives me enormous pleasure the way it is. If other people do not like it, they can avert their eyes. I find concrete, paving, decking and manicured artificial landscaping ugly in the extreme, but I would never demand that anyone change their garden to suit my tastes..... It is all a matter of taste. The fantastic creatures I see emerging from my jungle each year are utterly enchanting. There is nothing dirty or unsanitary about grass and wild flowers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

My garden is overgrown and I like it that way. I am very glad there is no legal obligation to keep grass to a certain height as my garden gives me enormous pleasure the way it is. If other people do not like it, they can avert their eyes. I find concrete, paving, decking and manicured artificial landscaping ugly in the extreme, but I would never demand that anyone change their garden to suit my tastes..... It is all a matter of taste. The fantastic creatures I see emerging from my jungle each year are utterly enchanting. There is nothing dirty or unsanitary about grass and wild flowers.

There is no legal obligation for an owner occupier to keep their property in a particular manner- the same is not the case for rented property- its quite specific that it is the duty of the landlord to maintain the exterior of the property and grounds (of course this obligation may be delegated to the tenant in the lease- however legally the landlord is obliged to maintain the property). Note- this is as per the 2010 ammendment to the 2004 Residential Tenancies Act.

Personally- I love the idea of wild flowers and allowing nature to do as it may- however this is not to everyone's taste- and if its a rental property- its specifically a no-no.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement