Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby clubs in Perth

Options
  • 09-01-2012 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

I'm moving to Perth in August and want to play rugby while I'm over there. Does anyone play currently, or know of clubs that would be good to join in terms of having a social team (similar to J4 standard here) and good craic after matches?

I am kinda interested in switching codes and giving rugby league a try, so either union or league suggestions would be great! Also, afaik the season starts around January, can anyone confirm that?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Sorry to hijack thread, but im also interested in if theres a rugby club in brisbane, preferably near the city where im located, preferably also with a few irish people in the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack thread, but im also interested in if theres a rugby club in brisbane, preferably near the city where im located, preferably also with a few irish people in the club.

Check out these guys, they train up near Kedron

http://www.brisbaneirish.com.au/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

WeeBushy wrote: »
    I'm moving to Perth in August and want to play rugby while I'm over there. Does anyone play currently, or know of clubs that would be good to join in terms of having a social team (similar to J4 standard here) and good craic after matches?

I am kinda interested in switching codes and giving rugby league a try, so either union or league suggestions would be great! Also, afaik the season starts around January, can anyone confirm that?

Thanks!

Depends where you're living, there's clubs all over the city.

Preseason is January I believe and the season starts around March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

I know lads in perth who play for Cottesloe Rugby Club. From all accounts it sounds great, its right by the beach, bbq's after the games and a great social side of things in general. I intend joining once im over there in feb.

If you do join then let me know and il see ya there!

Edit: just noticed your not going till august. Give me a shout nearer the time and I'll sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Was thinking of living in the Cottesloe area. Maybe see you there next season!

• Advertisement
Advertisement