Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's On, Common V Drake

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

yeah I agree with that, it seems kind of below Common.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

bollox posted this on wrong thread:)

birdmans view on it. young money soldiers ready to roll:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

bollox posted this on wrong thread:)

birdmans view on it. young money soldiers ready to roll:cool:

Doubt Wayne, Birdman or anyone else will get involved. Of course they'll support Drake, goes without saying, but unless Common starts taking shots at everyone from YMCMB then it'll stay between the two of them.

i think its safe to say drake has pus*yed out of this battle, he cant be given any longer to reply, he is clearly untalented as far as battling/rapping goes so he has to drop this tough man image he trys to portray.

i also heard a story drake said he was going to fu*k up a tattoo artist for tattooing his name on a women, the tattoo artist challenged him to a fight and drake sent his 200 lbs + bodyguard to threaten him lol.

this whole young money/mayback click are comical at the best of times.

common talks about his group g.o.o.d music getting involved if young money do.

Common called into WGCI's Tony Sculfield & The Morning Riot Show today to discuss his ongoing between himself and Drake. Tony asked him about Birdman's comments regarding the situation.

"Drake's the homie, so we ride or die," Birdman told Big Boy's Neighborhood last week. "However the young homie deal with it we behind him 100% supporting him with our life. It's Drake or nothing."

Common responded by saying he has a team of his own he can call up in G.O.O.D Music.

"If it ever got to like teaming up I'll get my squad too," Common told Tony. "You can't forget G.O.O.D Music, Kanye and the brothers, but like i told him [Drake] on the record it's just man to man, one on one. We in the boxing ring as MC's."

Tony reminded Common that a lof of fans will automatically side with Drake because YMCMB is the "cool thing" right now.

"I think you're gonna have that crowd too and then you're gonna have a crowd that sometimes may be into what's going on right now," Common said. "They like, 'hold up, wait.' They gonna recognize as far as rhyming goes whoever is slashing whoever. Whoever is winning they got to recognize it."

So far the battle is one sided because Drake hasn't responded to Common's "Stay Schemin" diss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

I hope drake responds, he should, I know I'm in the minority here but I guarantee he would more than hold his own as common is not as great as people would have you believe, his own response was weak.
    But it does look like he's not responding, pity really.

• Advertisement

This whole "beef" between Common and Drake has been pretty tragic IMO, I found it hard to stay in any way interested. No surprise that Drake didn't respond and no surprise that Common is done with it and ready to move on, Zzzzzzzzzz...
    Common Says He "Likes Drake's Music," Is Ready To Move On From Beef

Common and Drake have been trading disses over the past few months, most recently culminating with a scathing track aimed at Drizzy on a remix to Rick Ross’ “Stay Schemin.” But in an interview with RollingStone.com, Com says that he actually enjoys the Young Money rapper’s music and refers to it as “clever.”

“I think he makes good music," he said. "He's definitely said some real clever things and made some cool songs. I like his music."

Despite their heated war of words, Common says he’s ready to move on from the beef. The Chicago, Illinois explains that he’s expressed everything he feels he needs to say in the situation.

"I feel like I said what I had to say, and I'm just going to let it be at that point," he said. "Now, if something else happens, then I'll just have to act accordingly. But right now, I feel like, man, I said what I needed to say about this situation on record."

LINK: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.18363/title.common-says-he-likes-drakes-music-is-ready-to-move-on-from-beef

To me that pretty much proves what I've always known, that is, the only people taking stuff like this TOO serious is the hip hop forum users.
    The people involved take it for what it is, the fans get emotional.

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    I hope drake responds, he should, I know I'm in the minority here but I guarantee he would more than hold his own as common is not as great as people would have you believe, his own response was weak.
    But it does look like he's not responding, pity really.

i honestly don't know how you can stand behind such a poor mc, he's proved time and time again he is a weak rapper he is just industry to the bone, he's more a pop and r'n'b star than a rapper.

I know your a fan of his but i see you slate other rappers man that are head and shoulders above drake, he is what you call a over rated rapper to the last letter of the law he is the best example out there of one.

the fact common responded pretty much straight away shows to me more than a step above drake as a rapper, the more i hear about drake the more i think he is a clown and tbh a little bi*ch, i say that tattoo artist would knock him out but back to the music front the man cant even come back with a reply and at this point even if he does he doesn't deserve much credit imo as its what 3 - 4 weeks and counting since common replied.
    To me that pretty much proves what I've always known, that is, the only people taking stuff like this TOO serious is the hip hop forum users.
    The people involved take it for what it is, the fans get emotional.

same with any beef man, the fans pick sides its more than likely always going to happen, its very hard for a hip hop fan to stay 100 per cent neutral your always going to lean towards one rapper a bit more, something will happen in a rap beef that pushes you to favor one a bit more i.e whoever has the best music, disses etc in most cases their has to be a winner and the only people that can judge that are the fans.

but thats 2 mc's drake has backed down from now both common and ludacris, he should stick to the singing and bubblegum music he is known for, he is not capable of a freestyle and for me is all the indication i need to prove he is a useless rapper.
    This whole "beef" between Common and Drake has been pretty tragic IMO, I found it hard to stay in any way interested. No surprise that Drake didn't respond and no surprise that Common is done with it and ready to move on, Zzzzzzzzzz...

true but in fairness theirs only 1 man to blame for making it tragic, i think common relies its a waste of time now with drake showing his true colors.

just seen this on drake's twitter
    @drakkernoir: #YouKnowTheyCallMe a b*tch cause i sing....#YouKnowTheyCallMe that so they can get more album sales. BUT, common b*tches dont get replies."

whatever that means, he's mouthing of but cant reply with music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

@drakkernoir: #YouKnowTheyCallMe a b*tch cause i sing....#YouKnowTheyCallMe that so they can get more album sales. BUT, common b*tches dont get replies."

Yeah that's definitely a shot at common anyway, The beef is more or less squashed at the moment I can't see drake replying and to do so would be retarded, common would, and I quote what joe budden said about meth, "lyrically cut his head off his shoulders".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

just seen this on drake's twitter

That's not Drake's Twitter at all. The tweet just before it is
    Teacher: I am beautiful. What tense is this? Student: obviously past.

All the major people on it have a turquoise tick beside their name to verify that it's their account. Don't believe a word that is said on any of them other ones. Here's Drake's actual account https://twitter.com/#!/Drake. It's pretty shít and he has no mentions at all of Common on it.

• Advertisement

3 - 4 weeks and counting since common replied.
    Well, Common's remix of 'Stay Schemin' was released on January 9th, 11 days ago. That was the most recent response but I doubt we'll hear anything from Drake anytime soon.
    true but in fairness theirs only 1 man to blame for making it tragic, i think common relies its a waste of time now with drake showing his true colors.
    In fairness, Common took shots at Drake first and it's blatantly obvious that he did it purely to promote/draw attention to his album release. Drake isn't the beefing type and the same goes for Common, nothing about this whole stunt felt right. Common beefing with Drake is like J.Cole beefing with Pharrell. Absolutely pointless, completely out of character and not particularly interesting.

I was surprised that Drake responded in the first place. For some reason I believe that he has (had?) a lot of respect for Common and he really wasn't expecting him, of all people, to go at him for no reason. I think the response was purely out of anger and that Drake really never wanted any beef. Don't expect another response anyway...

"Without a response from me you really fail to exist"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Yeah that's definitely a shot at common anyway, The beef is more or less squashed at the moment I can't see drake replying and to do so would be retarded, common would, and I quote what joe budden said about meth, "lyrically cut his head off his shoulders".

Wait..so if he doesn't reply he's a pus*y, but if he does he's retarded?

So what is he supposed to do :p

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

"Diss me and you'll never hear a reply for it," Drake -Succesfull

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Wait..so if he doesn't reply he's a pus*y, but if he does he's retarded?

So what is he supposed to do :p

Where did I call him a pussy for not replying:confused::confused:

"Diss me and you'll never hear a reply for it," Drake -Succesfull

But drake has already replied .....

That line right there shows how much of a bubblegum rapper/person he is, I wouldn't have a problem with it if he didn't try to act so tough.

Where did I call him a pussy for not replying

You didn't, but have a look through a few hip-hop message boards and you'll see that's what a lot of people think.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Where did I call him a pussy for not replying

You didn't, but have a look through a few hip-hop message boards and you'll see that's what a lot of people think.

You can't blame people for thinking this about him, the latest stunt with the tattoo artist is more indication he is a pussy.

Backed down from Luda and now common, the mans a bit*h IMO. As said before he isn't a battle like rapper fair enough in that case don't diss Luda or reply to common or act like he is a gangsta next to another wanna be gangsta officer Ross, also sending out threats saying he is going to fu*k up the tattoo artist when he sees him only to send his bodyguard around tbh man he is a pussy IMO.

Theres a difference between picking sides and becoming emotionally invested in it.

common had a questions and answers session with his fans when someone asked to drop a freestyle yesterday.

the only person id fancy drake to hold his own against would be vanilla ice, i think your actually brainwashed from being a fan into thinking this fela is a good rapper honestly man you cant call the likes of wu tang and big pun over rated and turn around and gaurntee us drake would hold his own against common:confused:. makes zero sense .:)

meanwhile drake turns up to westwood knowing he will have to spit a freestyle, with the aid of rapping lryics from his previous songs he still cant, this is who your backing hugh, im very surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

He probably would not hold his own against vanilla ice either. He was apparently very much a good rapper before he signed that deal and released ice ice baby and did the dancing etc.

• Advertisement

meanwhile drake turns up to westwood knowing he will have to spit a freestyle, with the aid of rapping lryics from his previous songs he still cant, this is who your backing hugh, im very surprised.

ha ha at what point did I say I was backing drake.
    You have a tendency to take all this far too seriously mate, no disrespect intended.
    I am not an emotional fan, there fore I have no problem with drake, common doesn't bother me either.
    But I won't hide behind the rest of the sheep, I'll give an honest opinion.

ha ha at what point did I say I was backing drake.
    You have a tendency to take all this far too seriously mate, no disrespect intended.
    I am not an emotional fan, there fore I have no problem with drake, common doesn't bother me either.
    But I won't hide behind the rest of the sheep, I'll give an honest opinion.

its obvious that your backing him you told us you would more than gaurntee him to hold his own against common...you also called common over rated on the overrated thread while trying to convince us drake wasn't. What to you would that indicate?

I mean no disarespect here either but you cant just call me and other people here emotional hugh and that I take it too serious because in fairness you probably argue more than any other poster on this hip hop forum that to me proves you get emotional as we all can from time to time.

You got very emotional when defending 50's music, em's,drakes, tupacs etc etc on other threads, you are a big time emotional fan towards certain rappers there's no denying it or shame in it.

Im an emotional fan there's nothing wrong with having a bit of passion in a discussion or towards certain rappers, we are all guilty of it but don't say your not an emotional fan or dont take discussions/arguements serious to a certain extent here because we both know thats not true mate.

there's nothing wrong with picking sides either, i just don't think drake is a good rapper and i think you fail to relize that for whatever reason more than likely because your a fan imo.

i appriciate you give honest opinions but tbh most of us all do really mate theres no point in making yourself out to be the black sheep of the forum and the only straight shooter here because there's a lot of us who can say it like it is too when we want too aswell, but you know yourself and iv been guilty of it countless times its so easy to get a rise of people here me and you included

Iv learned the last few months to just bite the tongue to a certain extent and when a situation like this arises when we actually have a drake v common thread then maybe i can really say whats on my mind and why i dont like so and so etc and why i dont want him to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

You ain't a rapper until you can freestyle. Main reason you can't compare Common and Drake.

Drake is a good rapper, even common said so.

I have not picked sides, it's fine to do that though, peoples emotions need checking.

You ain't a rapper until you can freestyle. Main reason you can't compare Common and Drake.
    That's nonsense.

Drake is a good rapper, even common said so.

I have not picked sides, it's fine to do that though, peoples emotions need checking.

He's not a good rapper, he's absolutely diabolical.

LOL

Commons latest on the feud:
    While it has been weeks since Common and Drake have mentioned one another in rhyme form, they are still asked about their feud. Recently, Common was asked how this feud could end. He took the opportunity to shed light on why the rhyme battle began, saying that he's prepared to "destroy," but adding that he doesn't dislike Drake personally.

"I really honestly don't know how things will end," he shared in an interview with Bossip. "I just want to put out there that it's not a thing where I don't like him as a human being or like I got something against him personally. That's not what it is. You dissed me on record. I know you felt a certain way about certain things so if you dissed me so I had to say what I had to say. If you come at me, I'ma fight until the end. I'm not talking about physical. I'm talking about emceeing."

Com also added that he isn't just confident in a battle with Drake. Instead, Com noted that he feels he can stand toe-to-toe with any emcee in a rhyme bout.

"I feel like if you put me in the ring with anybody on the mic, I'ma destroy them. I don't care who it is. That's how I feel. At the end of the day, that's how every emcee should feel."

Not sure about the "standing toe to toe with any MC" part, personally i can see a few artists out there that could take out common when it comes down to it, but Drake? Not a chance :pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Commons latest on the feud:

Not sure about the "standing toe to toe with any MC" part, personally i can see a few artists out there that could take out common when it comes down to it, but Drake? Not a chance :pac::pac:

Every rapper, especially at that level, should believe they can rip anybody else a new ass, if not, why bother.

Com is lyrically peerless, in a back and forth over a few weeks there are very few people who could touch him in the history of hiphop music, he has been aound since the start, he has seen everything and out lasted the vast majority as a respected artist and lyricist.

If I was Com, I'd feel exactly the same way.

In a freestyle off the top battle infront of a crowd over beats, yeah, there are people who could hurt him, the entire Scribble Jam roster probably, but that's not what's happening here.

In a back and forth over a few weeks, Com would rip any current or former battle MC on the planet.

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    Every rapper, especially at that level, should believe they can rip anybody else a new ass, if not, why bother.

Com is lyrically peerless, in a back and forth over a few weeks there are very few people who could touch him in the history of hiphop music, he has been aound since the start, he has seen everything and out lasted the vast majority as a respected artist and lyricist.

If I was Com, I'd feel exactly the same way.

In a freestyle off the top battle infront of a crowd over beats, yeah, there are people who could hurt him, the entire Scribble Jam roster probably, but that's not what's happening here.

In a back and forth over a few weeks, Com would rip any current or former battle MC on the planet.

I love common, he's one of my favourite artists but your completely over stating his ability, there are a few rappers i can think of that would take him out and he hasn't been around since the start either, his first album was only in 92.

Advertisement