Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Miami Marlins - New team, new jersey, new stadium

• 09-01-2012 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, longtime baseball fan here. Looking forward to the new season already - hope we can get some good discussion going on here.

I see the Marlins have rebranded themselves and have a new logo, jerseys, caps to go with their new stadium:

miami%2Bjersey%2B1.jpgpg2_e_marlinslogo_300.jpg

Bit dodgy if you ask me! But their new stadium is very nice indeed:

135399852_crop_650x440.jpg?1325530501

They've also refreshed the players on the pitch with Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle and Carlos Zambrona signed for 2012.

Anyone new to the game could do worse than choose the Marlins as their team to support...up and coming team with a new stadium!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Yeah, The Marlins are going all in this year. After about 15 years of not spending a penny and playing in front of 200 fans, they've broke the bank with their signings and new stadium.

Of course the stadium will be full at first but if they don't win (and being in a division with the Phillies doesn't make it a certainty) will it turn into a white elephant with the usual empty seats we're used to seeing at SunLife Stadium (or whatever it was called last).

I'd also be wary about ownership doing what they did the last time they had a good team, that is flog off all the good pieces the next year. Having said that, they did win 2 World Series which I would bite you hand off for, even if it meant 15 years of mediocrity followed.

And put it this way, I'd rather be a Marlins fan than be a fan of Mets at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

I dont think the Marlins are on the hook for that much of the stadium cost. The taxpayers of Miami-Dade county are paying for most of it, something like 75% of cost. Oh and the Marlins will pocket most of the revenue generated from the stadium. Seems like the owners got a pretty sweet deal not to relocate the team. No wonder they have money all of a sudden to splurge on free-agents.

I still think the Phillies will be the team to beat this coming season and for seasons to come. They run an great operation at Citizens Bank Park and they are still selling it out many years after opening. That allows them to maintain their revenue streams which enables them to have a competative roster and so on.

Advertisement