Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway to Killarney drive time

Options
  • 09-01-2012 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi can anyone advise on drive time from Galway to Killarney? I have heard times from 2.5 to 4 hours.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

davidoc4 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone advise on drive time from Galway to Killarney? I have heard times from 2.5 to 4 hours.
    Thanks

jeez I haven't done this route now with a few months.

AAIreland are saying 2hr 55mins. If you have a deadline to meet then allocate more time for yourself for some unanticipated occurrences en route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

I would say its closer to the 2.5 hours travel time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭SisterAnn

It is a long journey and subject to the traffic of quite a few towns. Thankfully a lot of the nasties like Gort/Limerick Condell-Dock Road/Castleisland are no longer part of the journey. You are still vulerable in Clarinbridge, Adare, Newcastle West, and Abbeyfeale.

Time it well and Galway Limerick is about 1hr 15. Limerick Killarney is about 1hr 25.

Get traffic issues and you could be looking at 1hr 35 and 1hr 45 respectively, maybe even more.

Advertisement